Desktop Icons are gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I always left my desktop hidden in Windows XP SP1 (Arange Icons By; Hide Icons) then when I went to SP2, the icons are still hidden, and the option for "Show Desktop Items" is gone. Help would be very, very much appreciated.

Run system restore on the computer and see what happens. Good luck :wave: ! Welcome to Techspot :wave: !

Xenkenny said:
Alright, I did that, and apsolutly nothing happened.

Uninstall SP2, then restore your desktop, and after, reinstall SP2 again.

Cagalindo, that's what i'm saying it completely removed. I was looking under updates for service pack 2, but i just found it in it's own program slot. I'm trying that now, i'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Ok I tried uninstalling, but I decided to cancel it, there was a large list of programs that may not work after uninstalling, and I don't want to risk everything on my computer going to hell because I just want my desktop back. (I might have mentioned earlier that I did that a little over a year ago and just now thought about bringing my desktop back.)

Xenkenny said:
Cagalindo, that's what i'm saying it completely removed. I was looking under updates for service pack 2, but i just found it in it's own program slot. I'm trying that now, i'll let you know what happens.

Good luck, I'm stumped (Windows not my expertise)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back