Desktop wont start, instead My Document comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.
My windows worked fine yesterday and today when I turn it on intead of the desktop leading up as it usually does, My Document window comes up with showing the Desktop icons. I ran a virus check and a volume check and it was clean. Can anyone give advice? Thanx
Zoltan

What shows up when you navagate to C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Desktop ? Are your normal desktop items still there?

My desktop items are there, whats missing is the standard widnows icons such as my computer, recycle bin etc, but that might be normal right?

Come on I'm dying here soembody help. Why wont stupid Desktop or taks bar load after I log in windows? And why does the stupid My document window come up instead?

Glad you got it fixed. XP by default doesn't put My computer and My Documents and other crap on the desktop. A fresh install of XP will give you a desktop with only the Recycle Bin on it.

PS - No need to spaz out if you don't get help instantly, have you looked at all the threads that get posted to each day? A lot of us have jobs or school or something else that prevents us from answering Techspot posts all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back