Determing speaker jacks

learninmypc

I have one jack in front & one jack in rear, plugging my headphones in the front one I can't hear anything. Do I need to go into Device Manager to do anything or could it be because I have another speaker system hooked up already?SPEAKERS.jpg
This one is already hooked up.

Last edited:
Ok, a partially good update. Since I can't find my other related thread, I plugged my headphones into the speaker jack (NOT on pc) & despite it being full blast, it wasn't coming thru the headphones very loud. Any idea(s) how to fix it?

A note on that screenshot, if you double click on each device it should show you the jack it corresponds to. When I use two pairs of headphones, I just right click on the device, and click Set as Default, depending on which pair I want to use.

You're right though, you need to get both devices (Speakers and Headphones) detected before doing anything else.

A note on that screenshot, if you double click on each device it should show you the jack it corresponds to. When I use two pairs of headphones, I just right click on the device, and click Set as Default, depending on which pair I want to use.

You're right though, you need to get both devices (Speakers and Headphones) detected before doing anything else.
Ok, to clear this up,(hopefully) Logitech is the main EXternal amplified AC powered speaker system as shown in first post. One of those speakers has a jack built in so one can plug earphones/earbuds in to listen privately BUT for reasons unknown to me, NO volumme control. :( I did go into the Control Panel,clicked on Sound & somehow got to where I got that screenshot. I'll doing as you suggest, thanks :)

The only problem I have now is I hear the music well, but the words part sounds vague or as if it was added to the tunes. Factory made earbuds & extension :confused:

If you are going to all this trouble you are hooking up the computer to a large screen TV. You can adjust stuff like the volume of the headphones in the TV menu.

No tv is involved in this. When I said (NOT on pc), that was referring to the speaker system already hooked up to the pc.

Right I see what you are attempting but can't appreciate why you need to do it it. Perhaps if you mess around long enough you'll get the result you want.

Simple, I want to listen to my music at MY volume level so it don't bother others. Not everybody enjoys listening to Riff Raff by AC/DC at a LOUD volume level. :)

It's good that you are thinking about the neighbours. That's one reason my hi-fi is in the loft and I listen to music on headphones. I just tried your track. It was really loud and clear over my headphones. I could blow my eardrums if I wanted. Health warning: excessive volume can damage your hearing!

It's good that you are thinking about the neighbours. That's one reason my hi-fi is in the loft and I listen to music on headphones. I just tried your track. It was really loud and clear over my headphones. I could blow my eardrums if I wanted. Health warning: excessive volume can damage your hearing!
I am & have been well aware of the health warnings but they do not solve my problem/question :) BTW, my doctor says my hearing is excellect despite of how loud I listen to the music .
So if we can get back to solving post #8, I'd appreciate it. :)

Using 3 different players, VLC,Winamp & MPC-HC , I still get ALL the music but vocals sound distant or non existent when using the headphons (earbuds). When NOT using them, everything is normal. Anybody got a clue as to why? And yes, ALL 3 are the latest versions. #Stumped :confused:

You don't give up easily. "Factory made earbuds & extension" maybe not up to the job? You can get some pretty fancy headphones these days.

I don't give up easy on some things. I've never had this problem using this type ext earbuds besides no $$$ for fancy headphones.

Well, I'm 100% convinced its because I upgraded to W10 since the sound worked fine previously including the ext & earbuds. No need to throw away $$$ for fancy anything when the ones I had/have worked perfectly well on W7. I'll just have to live with it as is :)

Back