Devil May Cry 4 PC Version launch help

Status
Not open for further replies.

martindeck

I have Windows Vista Home Premium, a Direct X10, a 830MB Integrated Video Card (it should atleast run the title screen), a 2048MB Ram, a Dual-Core Processor.

When I run DMC4 via Dx9 it says: "ERRO6: Unsupported pixel shader version detected. 2.0"

When I run DMC4 via Dx10 it says: "ERRO3: Failed to initialize Direct X10."

What do I need to do to atleast be able to launch the software?

ok what model of onboard graphics is it, judging by the error you posted it seems that your onboard graphics isn't compatible with the game, DMC4 requires Shader model 3.0 or above the error you posted stated that your onboard setup only has 2.0 support and isn't a DX10 but i can't be 100% sure without knowing the model.

If it is indeed that your onboard only supports shader 2.0 and no DX10 then the only way to get the game to run would be to buy a new vid card that supports shader 3.0 or above and Dx10 support if you want that as well, then disable the onboard.

My onboard graphics is ATI Radeon X1200. Is it not good enough? I should get myself an Alienware Area51 m15x then...

The X1200 cannot play DMC 4. It is an extremely low-end integrated graphics solution and not meant for gaming. Buy a separate video card if you want to play it and any other games. Something like an 8600GT will do.

I also have the same problem like Martindeck was...
Which product of Nvidia Geforce should i choose?
I was thinking about 9400 GT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back