Difference between 5.1 surround cound and quad woofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeseat

Hello my friends.I recently decided to sell my woofer(4 speaker) and buy a 5.1 surround sound for my PC.But i heard that the music won't play good and lound on 5.1 surround sound speaker than in my woofer.Is this true?Is surround sound not good for listening music and only for movie and gaming?I kind of stuck on what to do?

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to say/ask.

A cheap computer 5.1 system will probably not be as pleasurable to listen to as a real "home" speaker setup because most computer 5.1 systems (and most home systems even) use tiny speakers for center channel and surrounds, and then rely on the subwoofer to deliver any of the low frequencies. As opposed to a more traditional stereo system where you may have 2 8" or bigger speakers + a tweeter and even a midrange sometimes to more balance the limitations of each individual speaker.

But if you are going to be getting a 5.1 setup for your PC it obviously will have surround capabilities for movies and games that your prior setup doesn't (at least if I'm reading your post correctly).

I've just got a 2.1 setup for my PC, and then a real home theater 5.1 setup with floor standing speakers for the surrounds and a 12" sub. So that covers me for movies and music.

What it comes down to just depends on what sounds acceptable to you within your price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back