Different types of BSODs Win7

Pinna

Hello!

I have been having lots of bluescreens today and yesterday. I have had no errors with this Win7 installation before.

I haven't installed anything lately, except DNF (ehm.. Torrented) 3 days ago when it came out in Europe.

I have had at least 5 different BSOD-codes which I had the time to catch before my computer tried to reboot=
0x7E
0x8E
0xC5
0xBE
0x10E

In that order. The latest, 0x10E happened about 10 minutes ago. After one of those BSOD's my computer resetted my screen resolution, so I thought that I might have bad videocard drivers, but changing them to the newest didn't help.

I also had tons of BSOD's about.. 5months ago? When my computer didn't even start. Thats when I did a clean install of Win7 over my old Vista. The problems disappeared, and came back now.

Could these problems be because of the extreme heat in my room?

Here are my computer specs:
Windows 7
3GB of RAM
Processor: AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 hz
Videocard: Ati Radeon HD 5770 (Club HD)

No, I didn't have any problems before I installed DNF. Could this have corrupted the harddrive?

Today my computer has been BSOD:ing again, with different codes:
0x50
0xA
0xC5
E2: The 0xC5 crash gave the following info for me (after restartting computer windows told this=)
BCCode: c5
BCP1: 0E0C0004
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 82929067
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
It also crashed about 5 times without any BSOD at all.

After 0xA BSOD it tried something with my harddrive, some check or something, I don't know the English name for it. The computer found (and fixed) tons of problems at index 130. (The index marking had some mark before it too, $ or something like that.)

E: Of course I had tons of BSOD's before doing a clean install of Windows 7. Can't remember the codes though.

And also, sorry for my bad English, not a native English speaker!
E2: It also seems like I can't switch to my standard resolution, 1650x1080, because my videocard says that it doesn't support it. I could force that resolution, but I don't want to because it might be the source of one of these BSOD:s

1. Run a full virus scan.

2. What is the make of your harddrive?

* At this point I am suspecting your memory. Have you ever run memtest before?

I have ran a full virus scan, it picked up nothing. I did the virus scan using AVG:s free version.

No, I have never used memtest, because it seemed so complicated that I thought that I will do a clean install of Win7 over my old one rather than trying to use memtest. The clean install didn't work.

"What is the make of your hard drive" Sorry, didn't understand. Could you please say the same thing with different words?

Also, one new BSOD:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: DDBB8EAD
BCP2: 000000FF
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 907C20E9
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

E: Today morning I got the longest time of using this computer with no BSOD:s at all. Usually the computer BSOD:s right after logging in, but now I cancelled the "start-up" programs, so I never signed in to skype, steam, or msn. I got something like 2 hours worth of watching HuskyStarCraft!
E2: Of course, before I got the long time of no BSOD:s, the computer had crashed about 5 times.
E3: If I try to run StarCraft 2, I can play the game for about 5minutes. Then it's BSOD again. Surfing internet seems to work.

Please do the following:

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip file; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Minidums attached, hope I did everything right.

I only had 4, they are all in that zip.

Attachments

• 061411-28813-01.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 2
Did you disable AVG from the start-up option? The AVG driver AVGidsFilter.sys was cited as one of the causes of your issues. Seriously, AVG is a product we have seen a great number of people having issues with in the last few years. It used to be a much better product.

The other issue cited is the video card driver atikmdag.sys. I suggest doing the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Ok, doing the videocard-driver thingy in a second. Could you tell me other good free antivirus? Is avira good?

E: Also, do I remove the drivers right away with driver-remove, or if not, how do I un-install them otherwise? Sorry, I am a little bit noobish on these things

I know many who love Avira. I personally prefer Avast.

Driver Sweeper will give you a list of many drivers. You only want the ATI ones removed which you have to do manually. If you are not comfortable on doing so then just go ahead and skip what I gave and update the latest drivers for your card.

That might actually have worked. I need to do some deeper research (play more :p), but I could play a complete game of StarCraft now. That was not possible when the BSOD:s happened!

Ty!

Ok, the stability din't continue. Today I had at least 3 BSOD:s again, and they didn't even give minidumbs.

One of those BSOD:s said something about some "Ati" thingie, so I suspect the drivers again. These newest drivers don't seem to work..

E: Ok, I did it again like 3 times (un-install drivers and re-install) And it seemed to finally do the thing.. :D Will update again later!

Nah, doesn't work. I just got a pink screen of death saying "Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal". This is the same BSOD-statement I got last time my computer failed some time ago with old video card. It didn't go away without manual computer shutdown, so no minidumbs..

It also said that the problem is "dxgkrnl.sys".

Ok, the previous newest driver-thing worked for the rest of the evening, just like newest drivers.

Today, when I was surfing the internet just randomly, the computer "scrashed". The " -marks are there, because it didn't crash like BSOD or some other error-message, no.
The screen just showed me something which looked like someone had puked on it. It wouldn't restart automatically, so I had to do it manually.

Are the drivers the problem again, or could the videocard itself be corrupt?

In your first post you mentioned extreme heat in your room. Is this still the case? How are you cooling your system?

Nah, it's not so hot atm. The cooling is just by some fans inside the computer, also at extreme anger I might brink down one long fan to cool down the computer.

Also, I have air conditioning, which is usually on, but at the moment I turn it off, the air is starting to heat.

Back