Digital Storm's new Vanquish gaming PCs nearly as cheap as DIY

Shawn Knight

Staff member

There are a number of reasons to build a custom PC but chief among them is price. Find the right deals on individual components and you can put together a sweet gaming rig for far less than it would cost to have a boutique PC builder do the work for you.

That said, Digital Storm has unveiled a new line of gaming PCs designed to eradicate high price tags typically associated with boutique PCs. The new Vanquish line is available in four levels ranging in price from $699 up to $1,399 which represents a premium of between $23 to $58 over what it would cost you to buy the parts and configure the system yourself.

digital storm vanquish diy digital storm vanquish diy gaming rigs

As you can see in the chart above, Digital Storm spares no expense when selecting name-brand components for each level build. Asus motherboards, Corsair memory and Corsair power supplies are present in every build – as is the three year warranty.

Digital Storm said the difference in price is a no brainer and that DIY is simply not worth the hassle. That may be true if you are lacking some free time to research components for a build but as we all know, physically building your own rig is part of the fun. Furthermore, if you’re new to PC gaming or hardware in general, you might not have the technical know-how to put together a computer – no shame in that.

The boutique builder is now accepting orders for the Vanquish on their website for those interested.

Permalink to story.

Good I have a friend that thinks he's to stupid to build a pc, this is a lot better than what he was planning on getting.

You can still do custom builds that would outperform those for significantly cheaper, with a much better case.
I agree. Although building a gaming rig is not everyone's cuppa tea, I still get a kick out of building mine. I'm also in the fortunate position of being able to get all my parts at cost so I'd be able to build the exact same rig as Digital Storm but for a lot less.

Building and tinkering is a hobby... I'll never buy a pre-built system... well I can't say that I might if they get really cheap I'll buy one then cannibalize the system to build something else. ( I don't ever see them getting cheap enough to warrant that method over newegg/amazon though).

Building a custom machine isn't just because I want my PC cheaper, it's because I actually enjoy piecing together my own rig.

Most PC builders do it as a hobby or as a job not to save a couple dollars. After building somewhere around 500 computers for other people over a 6 year period I decided I wanted a Alienware to replace my aging gaming PC since 2008, idk why exactly at the time, I had always used high end dells as my laptops, so I had good sales connections within dell. When I sat down and thought about it though I really only bought the alienware for the case, no other case on the market seemed as cool to me, and some of the technology in the case isn't available to custom builders (like the light control system). I have built around another 20 PC's since buying the alienware, and I am always tinkering with other systems but when its time to sit down and game it nice to know this thing is gonna work, do it's job well, and looks awesome (to me at least).

Did you know my Asrock motherboard had only a 1 year guarantee? Didn't find out until afterward. Diablo power supplies have a 3 year guarantee, but try to collect on that. They ignore RMAs.

SSD is now a must for any performance minded build in my opinion. Only one of those has an SSD... and not a big enough one at that.

Still better than alot of mainstream offerings I suppose.

Back