Not open for further replies.
System Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
System Model: EK335AA-ABU SR1619UK GB540
BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory:512MB RAM
Page File: 447MB used, 605MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

since i rienstalled windows i have been having problems with playing videos and i get a message saying i need to enable hardware accelerator.
in my directx diagnostic tool and look at the files it says no problems found but when i go to display it shows that directdraw, direct3d etc are not available! in the notes it says that the system is using the generic video driver.
another problem ive noticed is that when i looked in my device manager i have the yellow question mark over other devices and thats where my sm bus and video controllers are,when looking in properties it say manufacturer unknown and they have no drivers.
these 2 problems must be connected in some way and i'm lost for ideas after downloading directx 9 again with no affect please can someone help:eek:

After reinstalling Windows you have to reinstall all drivers for the Motherboard and any other installed devices. If your PC didn't come with a driver CD or you can't locate it, you will have to go to the Compaq (or possibly HP) website, locate the drivers, download them and then install them.

As a rule of thumb, you should have all drivers on hand before reformatting the hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

If you have third party expansion cards such as a graphics card or a sound card, you can go to those card's manufacturer's website for those drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back