DirectX online game help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er...I hope this is the right thread to post this in... ><;

Recently, I tried downloading an online game called PiStory, by Aeria games, and it all went fine up until I tried to log-in. Then it crashed my computer, causing this blue screen with white lettering to come up saying 'Windows has been forced to shut down' So when it re-started, I tried to look for help on the site's support forum.

They said to turn off a spacific feature in for Vista users, and I did...the same thing happened when I tried to log-in. Then, I looked at the game's system requirements, and found I needed DirectX 9.0 or higher. So I tried to download it, but even though it says it installed, it doesn't show up in my Control Panel's list of programs. And my PC still crahes when I try to log in...

I'm so confused, and out of options. I've even tried re-downloading the game, and still nothing. Does anyone know what I could do? Thanks in advance.

~ Morality

System Requirements for PiStory are:
OS Windows 2000/XP/Vista
CPU P3 500Hz (minimum) P4 1.4Ghz (recommended)
RAM 512 MB (minimum) 1 Gb (recommended)
Video Card Geforce4 1G (minimum) Radeon 7000 2Gs (recommended)
Display SVGA (800X600) 16bit color (minimum) SVGA (1280x1024) 32bit color (recommended)
DirectX DirectX 9.0 or later
Net Connection ISDN (64Kbps)
Sound Sound card supporting DirectX 9.0 or later
Other Keyboard and Mouse
You did not give any system information. Do you meet these requirements?
http://pistory.aeriagames.com/info/sysreq

Bobbye said:
System Requirements for PiStory are:
OS Windows 2000/XP/Vista
CPU P3 500Hz (minimum) P4 1.4Ghz (recommended)
RAM 512 MB (minimum) 1 Gb (recommended)
Video Card Geforce4 1G (minimum) Radeon 7000 2Gs (recommended)
Display SVGA (800X600) 16bit color (minimum) SVGA (1280x1024) 32bit color (recommended)
DirectX DirectX 9.0 or later
Net Connection ISDN (64Kbps)
Sound Sound card supporting DirectX 9.0 or later
Other Keyboard and Mouse
You did not give any system information. Do you meet these requirements?

I think most of all of that is in my PC, except DirectX---my computer uninstalled it at one point when I had to use a System Restore, and now when I try to re-download it, it doesn't seem to get through.

It will say 'the components are installed and ready to use', but it won't appear in my Control Panel's list of programs like it did when I first got my PC. And because of this, I don't think it got through. Does Vista actually support DirectX 9? I read somewhere that it may not, and that something called DirectX 9.0L is being made spacifically for the Vista system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back