display control panel issues in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello...i'd appreciate some help.
Recently had to wipe the HD and reinstall windows xp pro.
Now, i've lost a bunch of functions i once had.

1) I used to be able to go to control panel: display: settings: advanced, where i could select to display the screen contents on my television set.
Now i don't have that option anymore.....help!?

2) my screen scrolls really lazily.

i downloaded 2 video drivers from lenovo (i have a T30 ibm thinkpad)...but nothing seemed that change.

please help.....i am not very good at this stuff.

best,
sherry

ur problem = incorrect drivers i get this problem when i dont install my driver.. you need the exact correct driver for your gpu/video card. if you dont get this your screen will kinda reload when u scroll or.. (lazily scroll) and you wont have many video functions (ect refech + resoloution rates...) what video card are you using...

EDIT::
ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 AGP driver<<that is your graphics cards...

try using this driver it contains about 30 gpu card drivers.. including yours

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1136

THANK YOU so much for responding.

Before I try that driver you recommended, but I wanted to let you know that I did already download these from the IBM website:
- Video driver (ATI Radeon, FireGL Series) for Windows 2000/XP
- Intel chipset support for Windows 98/2000/XP - ThinkPad T30, X30

That did nothing. After the download, i hit "run" when prompted and restarting after installation was done.l I'm assuming that's all i need to do to activate the drivers.

Do you think i should still try that download?
Thanks so much

If you properly downloaded and installed those drivers you need to select that device in Device Manager and click Update Driver and show that function where those drivers are.

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back