Display problems

I am experiencing 2 problem with display

1)When I load up my PC and log into my account, sometimes the windows taskbar color is wrong (grey). I run dxdiag and under display my gpu is not detected. Though restarting my computer solves this.
2)PC starts, keyboard and mouse lights up but no input is detected by my monitor. Doing a hard restart a few times solves this.

I think the problem lies with my gpu. Any solutions?

Choice of two faults - the video or the monitor. Since the whole screen is not affected, only the taskbar, it is not the monitor. So that leaves you with faulty video as the only option. It is difficult to understand why only the taskbar is affected in the first reported problem. I speculate the full screen is generated in separate parts of the OS, and the taskbar is like a separately-controlled window.

Hard stops are dangerous, even if unavoidable, and can damage your hardware. If you have to do it, switch the monitor off with it's own switch first. But the HDD is more usually what feels the pain.

You have failed to specify which OS you are using, but if it is Win 7, you could try turning off most of the special effects like aero, move the taskbar to the side or top to see if it changes, etc. To do this, right-click the taskbar and choose properties.

Another thing to try would be re-install the video driver with the latest version if there is an update available.

But I don't expect any change - I think your video is failing.

Back