Do I need a better processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4n1f3x

ok guys,
so around 1 and a half months ago i bought a custom built x-blade, built by profesionals. having spent all my money on this computer i downloaded windows 7 ultimate 6.1 build 7100, now every 1 hour - 5 hours it will suddenly shoot up to 100%. my internet will get that little yellow triangle indicating limited or no connection and any sound or audio will start screaming or getting stuck. according to task mannager the highest cpu user is firefox at 3-20% or maybe utorrent/bitcomet at around 10%. my old laptop with windows 200 can run the same processes as the computer i just spent £400 on. my system specs are 64-bit x-blade amd athlon 5200 dual core processor
4gb ddr2 ram
500gb
20x dvdrw
1gb nvidia geforce 9500gt

its a pretty nice computer so it really should not have this problem!
im in the proccess of downloading windows 7 7600 as i though the problem might lie with the windows build but its pretty fustraighting having to restart every hour

thank you iin advanced

p.s. also sometimes my mouse clicks double. any help with that aswell? click lock is off.

You may want to run any anti-virus or anti-spyware scans to see if you have any malware that may cause this problem. Also, monitor your CPU temps using a program like CoreTemp or RealTemp to see if it's overheating.

@rage its not overheating. i have 2 fans and the heat never gets above 50 degree c
@red the rtm version of ultimate.

I had the same problem, or firefox flatlined the processor and just failed to open any pages...
So I rebooted a few times (3-5 or something like that) and after that windows wanted to update some random stuff and now everything works just fine :)

I've just upgraded after getting a new mobo CPU combo and encountering a stupid Windows bug that disallows me from booting from it with my current install, and I had exactly the same problem.

I know exactly when I fixed it, but I do not know whether it was one or the other, so I'll say both.

AVG found the trojan Generic9 etc. in my System32/drivers folder and removed it. (Seems unlikely compared to the others but virii and trojans acting as drivers have the power to literally disrupt everything with kernal interrupts, which would cause the network failure and sound skipping we both had)

I installed the Vista mobo drivers and then without restarting installed the Win7 version over them, as instructed on another forum. (Apparently this fixes a lot of issues with Win7 that havent yet been addressed in beta Nvidia drivers)

EDIT: Its come back :(

I think it has something to do with power management, as I see a error in event viewer stating a power mgmt failure on shutdown (0x9f). I've turned off power saving on the USB wireless I have and haven't had any problems... yet.

Try that and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back