Does ECS G31T-M7 (V7.0) support AHCI?

TechCIDLC

I just bought a Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD. Now I see that I have to enable AHCI for it to work properly, but I don't find anything that says AHCI on my motherboard! Will I never be able to use my SSD?

The motherboard's south bridge is ICH7. I know it has something to do with this problem, although I am not sure.

Thanks for help!!

Do you have anything labeled IDE? It is a channel mode that needs changing from IDE to AHCI.
Yes. But I've checked all of them and there's no AHCI option. Only Enable, Disable.

Later in the day I'll post some images so you can understand better. Maybe I gotta flash my BIOS?

Thanks!

7jDwCtU.png

In this image the Southbridge is ICH7/R, and according to Wikipedia, supports AHCI. However I still don't find the AHCI option. What to do?

There's another concern: CPU-Z says that my motherboards version is 1.0, whereas in the motherboard it says it's version 7.0, and not 1.0. What to do?

Thanks! (pardon my english)

TechCIDLC, In the BIOS, not CPU-Z does a tab fold down, when clicked, under IDE. it should be there and yes u'r SSD will work in IDE mode but it will be faster with AHCI enabled, but if u install Windows with it not enabled, do not go back and enable it later I do not know about u'r board, but I had a board ten or 15 years ago that would not even post if u changed it after installing Windows, I do not know if any newer boards are like that at all!

Hey,

I have the same board and am planning to put SSD in it. Will it work in AHCI or not? if not, will a fresh installation of Windows 7 cause any issue with drivers ?

Back