Doginhispen question/help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for some help. I recently started get various tabs opening with the address a.doginhispen.com, after doing some research, discovered thats it related to a trojan, which I suspected. I ran nortons and nothing, have run addaware and SSD with no change. I did however run Panda's ActiveScan online virus, and it found 5 viruses, all the same, Downloader.SHL or Trj/downloader.SHL, and removed them And have had no reacurances yet.

My question is this, I've already decided to do a reformat etc. since the machine is only a couple of months old, and I have relatively recent back ups if needed. My question is this, I have an external usb hard drive that I have only been using for about 3 weeks. Currently using it only for backup, was planning to store some music on it but hadn't gotten around to it yet. Should I reformat this as well or will I be able to use the back up data it contains? It comes up clean on all scans.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I dunno - it would be pretty hard to tell how far the viruses got and such. Remember, it really takes one infected file to muck up your system again. I would personally say that if you don't have anything that you absolutely need on the external, reformat everything just to be safe, but that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back