Driver Check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had to format my computer so that is would work again. But my old problem is still around but smaller. I have pretty much narrowed it down to a driver, but dont know what one. Is there anyway of telling which driver is causing my BSOD?

amd 2400, gigabyte ga-7n00 mobo, 5200 geforce, 1 gig ram(2x256, 1x512), 1 40 gig HDD, 1 250gig HDD, 2 cd-rom drives(1 dvd burner), what else do u need to know... all i need is a driver check program to check for a corrupt driver...

Nope, don't trust those driver check programs, they are usually either rip off's or install spyware or both!!!!

Do you know what bios version your mobo is using?

Also, your ram, are they all the same speeds and how are they arranged in the slots?

both of the 256 or pc2700 and the 512 is pc3200. but a tech at compusmart said that they can both work side by side, and they used to work perfectly fine, until something bizarre happened with my comp and had to format it. and im also getting random restarts too, could that be b/c of the ram too? know of any memory testers that work well for windows?

You should never ever under any circumstance mix different speeds of ram unless you like having instabilities and bsod's!!!!!!!!!

We have found the root of your problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im not sure y my computer worked perfectly fine before when i had the 3 sticks in it. but thanks for the help rik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back