Driver irql not less or equal error

Status
Not open for further replies.

personn5

I keep getting the Driver IRQL not less or equal error. I don't exactly remember installing new drivers. The day i started getting this error, I had came home from school and got an Update for Java or Adobe reader or something, I let it install and started looking up stuff on wikipedia. Then, in the middle of that, my laptop starts closing everything down and starts to shut down, but gets stuck on the "windows is now shutting down" screen. It sat there for about an hour, so i finally manually turned it off myself, and when i turned it back on, got a blue screen. Dell recomended i run a "Dell Driver Reseter tool" But that has done nothing, and I still occasionally get the Blue screen when I start a game of guild wars or rise of nations, or for leaving my laptop on while i'm at school.

That is an 0xD1 error and they are almost always caused by drivers. I suspect Adobe if indeed it updated but we need more information.

When it Blue Screens does it give a driver as well? An example would be nv4_disp.dll or some such.

Ok. I got this: from the "your system has recovered from a serious error"
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 10000492 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 84D43817 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1
I got these numbers from the actual blue screen:
0x000000D1(0x0000492, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x84D43817)

Okay, we're going to need your five (less is okay) latest minidumps.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

All five are 0xD1 errors and as I stated in my first response these are almost always caused by device drivers but they can also be caused by faulty or mismatched memory.

Unfortunately in all five the conclusiuon was Analysis Inconclusive. In other words, none of them could identify specifically what is causing your BSODs. So, do the following and get back to us with the results.

1. Uninstall Adobe. Then when the following steps are done install Foxit Reader instead because it is not anywhere as bloated as Adobe nor does it have the security risks.

2. Go to your laptop's manufacturer's website, find your particular model and update the latest drivers for your system.

3. Go to your Start Menu, find Run and type in ChkDsk and hit Okay. This is a quick test. What we want to know is that when it finishes Stage 2 does it tell you it is recovering lost files?

4. Scan for infections.

5. Run Memtest on your memory. www.memtest.org Since kimsland wants me to direct people to the tutorial here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html If you have trouble understanding the instructions let me know.

While i'm on the irql error subject, i think i get the same type of error from my printer. I have an HP 2210 all in one printer, and after i turn my computer off, turn it back on i'll get a blue screen(Im thinknig its the same error) unless its turned off, or not plugged in. Can't get it to work again unless i re-install it.

Now that is interesting. I would go to HPs website and see if they have updated drivers for your particular printer. Also, directly contact their tech support via email. it may take a few days but in my experience HP is decent on their tech replies. This very well could be your issue. Try running your system for a few days without it.

Now that is interesting. I would go to HPs website and see if they have updated drivers for your particular printer. Also, directly contact their tech support via email. it may take a few days but in my experience HP is decent on their tech replies. This very well could be your issue. Try running your system for a few days without it.

I emailed them a while back about this problem, if I still have the email in my inbox i'll re-post the instructions they gave me for fixing this, because i couldn't exactly find what they were talking about.

All five are 0xD1 errors and as I stated in my first response these are almost always caused by device drivers but they can also be caused by faulty or mismatched memory.

Unfortunately in all five the conclusiuon was Analysis Inconclusive. In other words, none of them could identify specifically what is causing your BSODs. So, do the following and get back to us with the results.

1. Uninstall Adobe. Then when the following steps are done install Foxit Reader instead because it is not anywhere as bloated as Adobe nor does it have the security risks.

2. Go to your laptop's manufacturer's website, find your particular model and update the latest drivers for your system.

3. Go to your Start Menu, find Run and type in ChkDsk and hit Okay. This is a quick test. What we want to know is that when it finishes Stage 2 does it tell you it is recovering lost files?

4. Scan for infections.

5. Run Memtest on your memory. www.memtest.org Since kimsland wants me to direct people to the tutorial here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html If you have trouble understanding the instructions let me know.

I got up to step 3 so far, ran the ChkDsk, but when it finished stage 2, it closed the ChkDsk program.

ChkDsk runs very fast especially in Stage 3 and shuts down very quickly.

Any BSODs since uninstalling Adobe?

Let us know how the other two steps work out.

ChkDsk runs very fast especially in Stage 3 and shuts down very quickly.

Any BSODs since uninstalling Adobe?

Let us know how the other two steps work out.

I've had one Blue screen since uninstalling, was in the middle of a Rise of Nations game, and it switched to the blue screen. I couldn't tell what kind of error it was though( The white text on the screen was jumbled up and was constantly moving back and forth, couldn't read any of it).
I'll run a virus scan while I'm asleep tonight, check the results in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back