Driver problem on Geforce 6200 LE Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungleexplorer

I purchased a 3Dfuzion 6200 LE graphics card about a months ago and installed it on a brand new Nvidia based MSI K8N Neo4-f motherboard with AMD 64X2 3200 Processor. I am running Windows XP with all of the latest updates.

After installing the graphics card and the driver from the included CD, I went to the Device Manager and looked under "Display Adapters". It said I had an Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE Graphics card. I uninstalled the driver and went over to www.nvidia.com and downloaded the latest driver for the GeForce 6200 LE and installed it. I went back to the Device Manager and it said the same thing as before. Thinking that maybe the card might have accidentally gotten switched at the factory and it was actually a GeForce 7300 LE instead of a GeForce 6200 LE that was in the box, I open the case and looked at the card itself to see what was written on it. It very clearly say GeForce 6200 LE on the graphics card itself. I decided to leave well enough alone. If the card was working okay, why worry about what it say in the device manager? But the problem is that everything is not alright. Certain graphics applications run just fine where others cause the system to crash, and yet others reveal definite graphics problems (Distorted text, wrong colors etc.). All of these programs were working fine before I installed the 3Dfuzion GeForce 6200 LE card.

So the bottom line is, something is wrong. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver over 10 times, all with the same results. I have uninstalled the programs and reinstalled the that are having problems and nothing changes. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Here are a couple of link to screen shots of the ditorted text I am talking about.

http://s105011536.onlinehome.us/soe/distortedtext.jpg
http://s105011536.onlinehome.us/soe/distorted text2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back