Drop in performance since system change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I know there are quite a few threads with similar problems as what I am having but as of yet I cant find a solution from them. My problem is I put together a new computer starting with a new shuttle barebone:

Shuttle SN95G5V3
Shuttle FN95
NVIDIA nForce3 Ultra
AMD Athlon 64 (Venice) 3200+
2 x Crucial 512MB 400MHz PC3200 DDR RAM
Maxtor 120gb IDE hard disk
PNY nvidia 6600GT 128mb

I am having really sluggish responses in some 3D games like Homeworld 2 and the Sims 2 which played fine and fast on a very old Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz system. I thought it might be a problem with the processor as the graphics card has been tested on another system and works really really well. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong I was expecting a boost in speed. I am in the middle of d/l new drivers for the processor but anything else would be of great help thanks

Those specs sounds like its quite a fairly good Computer.. the grafics card is suppose to be ok.. ive heard some positive things about it. and athlon is suppose to be really good with games.. (i dont agree though) if youre computer can run well enough.. i cant see what should be a possible bottleneck to youre system.. try updateing all the drivers and then run a few games.. get a basic fps in em and then post it.. if theres still a problem.. im sure some of the more hardcore hardware people here have better solutions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back