Dropped laptop

Doctor Gallop

Okay fellas, I dropped my Dell laptop.
No visible dents or scratches but when I plugged it in and tried to use it I got no picture /screen.
It sounded like it always did when it was starting up but I get no Windows welcome sound and just a dark screen.
Can some one tell me if I am in VERY VERY bad trouble or only bad trouble?
before I take it into get fixed I would like to know what to expect!
Thank you.

One of the connectors for the display could well have come loose when dropped. Its hard to say without stripping it and doing a proper investigation.

Try connecting an external monitor to it, and then using the blue function key and the monitor button to shift it to the external display. If it works on external display but not using its own display you know the issue is related purely to either the cable, or a damaged inverter/LCD.

One of the connectors for the display could well have come loose when dropped. Its hard to say without stripping it and doing a proper investigation.

Try connecting an external monitor to it, and then using the blue function key and the monitor button to shift it to the external display. If it works on external display but not using its own display you know the issue is related purely to either the cable, or a damaged inverter/LCD.

Thank you for the advice, I will try it right away.
If it will cost too much to fix and I decide to get a new one....can I salvage all my date and transfer it to a new Laptop?
Thanks again.

Back