Dual booted 7 and xp a week ago... as of today xp won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

davisjaron

Alright so here's my problem... I have dual booted my xp machine with windows 7. Also here lately I've been doing a lot of logo contests (i'm a graphic designer and I do contests on crowdspring.com). Well Photoshop is on my XP hard drive (i put xp on one hard drive and 7 on another) and today when I went to turn on my machine, my computer posted, went through the loading screen, then got to the "windows is starting..." screen and just froze there... it wouldn't go any farther. I tried restoring back one day and it didn't work, so I tried restoring back a full month and it still didn't work.

I have kaspersky antivirus and i keep it updated and it was running plus I tried restoring so I know it's not a virus...

Oh and I forgot to mention, it will boot into safe mode... just not regular...

any ideas? Windows 7 still works fine... that's what i'm using now to post (luckily I finally got my air card to work, i guess my original installation of either program didn't work because I completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked), so i can get online, it's just i can't use photoshop, which is my main concern....

so any suggestions would be fantastic...

When XP hangs on me booting up i quite often put in the xp cd, go to recovery console and type chkdsk /r
This usualy sorts it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back