Dual Mice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker1

I have a mouse for both my PC and laptop, but for some reason, only the wireless mouse works on the laptop, and I have to use the wired one with the PC. I hate wires and want to replace it. Since I often have both computers running side by side, to prevent the computers from picking up the wrong input, it would be wise to use mice made by different companys. Do all companys use the same frequency, etc. for their wireless mice?

I know there is something called a "KVM Switch" for mechanically switching one mouse between two systems, but I don't think that it would serve my purpose.

You should try it first.

Newer models are supposed to be able to work without interfering each other and older mice but that is theory of course :p

Experiment? Yeah, that probably the only way to know, but I was hoping to take advantage of someone else's experimenting. Mice are cheap, so there's not much to lose, except time and hassles.

I have 3 Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 in the same room - no probs with interference at all. All 3 are identical except.... 1 of them is the elite (fake leather?) model. Two of the mice sit one right above the other. Surprisingly, the only interference I ever have is my logitech wireless mouse messing with one of my wireless microsoft keyboards, but I don't use that mouse anymore.

It should work without problems.

Wireless mice have a button on the receiver that you push, and then push a button on the mouse to match them.

I'd actually try the same brand first as they should be designed to play nice with each other as opposed to other brands that may not.

If you have real problems, you could get one RF and maybe one Bluetooth or something like that... I don't know I haven't played with them much.

LNCPapa said:
I have 3 Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 in the same room - no probs with interference at all. All 3 are identical except.... 1 of them is the elite (fake leather?) model. Two of the mice sit one right above the other. Surprisingly, the only interference I ever have is my logitech wireless mouse messing with one of my wireless microsoft keyboards, but I don't use that mouse anymore.
Both of my mice are Logitech, but my keyboard is wired, so I have no problem. I'm really curious how two mice of the same brand and type couldn't interfere with each other when both computers are operating side by side?

tdeg said:
It should work without problems.

Wireless mice have a button on the receiver that you push, and then push a button on the mouse to match them.

I'd actually try the same brand first as they should be designed to play nice with each other as opposed to other brands that may not.

If you have real problems, you could get one RF and maybe one Bluetooth or something like that... I don't know I haven't played with them much.
My Logitech mice have those buttons, but I never need to use them, I just plug in the receiver and the mouse works without any prompt. It may be something is broken, because when I first got it I did need the buttons.

I've got two Logitech Cordless MouseMan Opticals within about 3 feet of each other. Never a problem.

With so many already having already gone down this road, without problems, I guess there's no reason I shouldn't also. To Walmart I shall go. Thanks to all who took the time to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back