Dual Monitor Interference?!- Blue Tint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I've had a dual monitor setup for a while now. Recently one to the monitors went out (Compaq S920). I think it was set down too hard. The picture comes in and out at times. When it goes out, it seems like the brightness is being turned down. It literally fades into black, but still acts like it is receiving signal from the card.

When that happened I moved my monitors around so I would at least be able to work with one. While I moved them around on my desk (slid them past each other), my other monitor (Syncmaster 955DF) blinked and immediately had a blue tint.

I experimented and slid them past each other again and then the Syncmaster turned even more blue. I did it again and now the Syncmaster is back to its first blue tint.

I have tested both the MOBO and Vid Card and the problem is isolated to the monitors. Anyone know what the heck could have caused this and a possible remedy?!

The red signal wire is not making good contact?

Try wiggling the video cables a bit.

cables are all good. I've deduced it to something in the monitors themselves, especially since this happened when I slid them past each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back