Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just added = GeForce 6600oc video card Dual Monitor Support
Existing 2 year old system = A7V333 mother board, AMD 1700 processer.
I'm using 2 Envision 7720 flat panel monitors. The problem I'm having is only one monitor is being recognized at a time, no matter what I do with the settings. Does anyone know if this could be a BIOS issue?

Theres no problem with your bios, nor computer age. I have the lower model 5600, and run dual out with no problems, Try updating your nvid drivers from www.nvidia.com not just the cd that came with your gpu. Also go to Display prop==>Settings==>Advanced==>Geforce6600==>Then Nview display settings, oh yeah, you have to turn on Nview options, its a few tabs below. I took out my 10 year old lan moniter, and im using it in dualview, its really cool, i can run cs in one mon, and have aim, foobar, firefox open in the other! Extreme multitasking! :approve:
here are some SS's
dv15ns.jpg

dv27fy.jpg

MS paint recognizes both moniters and takes a SS of both at the same time.
ggg6kd.jpg

Thanks for the info. I've tried everything I can think of and already tried your suggestions. Even though I have two monitors pluged in, when I go to properties > settings, it shows only one display. If I click on advanced > GeForce 6600 tab > nViewdisplay settings, it shows one monitor. nView display mode reads, single view. No other choices. Current display reads Envision EN7720 with a drop down choice of Analog. If I click Analog, the monitor I'm viewing shuts off and the other one comes on.
I tried BFG Tech support, and they're final suggestion was maybe updating my motherboard BIOS and chipset. I've researched www.asus.com my mother board model A7V333 for updates but don't see any. My current BIOS version is 2.00.1.23. I'm at a loss. If you have any other suggestions, I would appreciate it. Or any one else, for that matter. I can't believe the trouble I'm going through for a simple video card. Crazy.
Thanks

Curious, when you start up your computer does it display on both screens or just the one at a time?
try getting the latest driver for your geforce that might work or if not go to device manager and delete the driver for your monitor and graphics card (or set them back to default mode.. something like that) and reboot (with both monitors attached to the card). windows should now find it as new hardware and reinstall the drivers..

Sean, i agree, being able to play cs one screen and surf etc on the other rocks ;)
Although i have one problem when runnign full screen is that when i switch over to another prog it minimizes cs.. so i run 'in window' thing.. although that doesnt seem to like being put on my secondary monitor (major lag) Any probs u had?
btw.. i'm running a ATI radeon 9800 pro series

Yup unfortionally it does that, but i herd there are ways around that, if you use horizontal view mode in nview settings, When i boot with two moniters attached, it displays everything on both moniters up to windows windows logon, then only the primary moniter is displayed, but once you adjust settings it should come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back