DVD R/RW Drive Firmware update help

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamensterms

i have been trying to update the driver/firmware for my pioneer dvd writer, and im having a problem running the software. the drive is the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-108 and im trying to install the firmware version 1.20 i think its called(filename: DVR108_FW120B.EXE). i follow the vague instructions from pioneeraus.com.au and run the .exe file. and it comes up with a command promp window and i get a dialogue box pop up in front of that titled "UPGDVD" and it says "available target is not found".

i also tried to update the driver through device manager but there is no .inf file that i can find on the net so im pretty sure thats a no go.

if anyone knows a way around this problem or if there is another way to update my driver i would be very greatful if you could help.

im running xp with a P4 3gig CPU with 1gig ram and a 80gig HDD.
cheers

First of all a firmaware update is not a "driver". all optical drives use the windows native drivers and only MS updates that. I have never seen a firmware update as you describe open a command prompt window. if Pioneer actually uses this method then you will probably have to set the command prompt to the location of your drive. ie; type the locaion ( drive letter of the drive you are updating) if your pioneer is the D drive then you would type D:\ and then press enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back