DVD-ROM not able to read DVD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasadavi

hello every one,

my laptop is 2 years old toshiba make with my dvd rom as TOSHIBA SDR 2412 dvd-rom and cd-rw.

I bought a sony dvd 202e camcorder recently in which I recorded stuff on a dvd-rw disc. I dont have any USB port on the camcorder, where as I need to take off the disc and run it on the dvd drive through which I can transfer all the movies and the pics on to the hard disk of the laptop..

But I got a very big problem here, as my dvd-rom is not recognising the
dvd-rw. But when I installed power dvd software and tried to run the movie, the movie was played fine, but still the drive couldnt recognise the dvd-rw..

please help me out dudes...

thanx in advance...

Do u have nero? (if not download from nero site) there is a tool in it called Nero Info tool (u can download that seperately) , run this software it will tell what type of dvd drive it will check if ur drive is capable of opening dvd-rw.

check it and tell me,(u said toshiba and sony) sony doesnt support dvd -rw it supports dvd+rw.

good clue but didnt worked out!

thanx for ur suggestion dude... but in the nero info tool, it was shown that to read a dvd-rw feature is supported by toshiba sd-r 2412 dvd rom, but am still left with the same problem...

huh

some one please help me

Than the format it was written might not be supported by windows do u have the any software that u got for your videocam, if so try capturing this through that and please dont post same thing in multiple places. :)

any one help me out please?

I didnt understand wat u meant by the format it was written might not be supported by windows....
I didnt get any software I got with the camcorder, and am not either posting in multiple threads...

I did it because no one responded to my previous thread...

srinivasadavi said:
I didnt understand wat u meant by the format it was written might not be supported by windows....
I didnt get any software I got with the camcorder, and am not either posting in multiple threads...

In that case what u can do is to use a DIVX encoder, this might work as u said that it opened in Power DVD, check out there are lot of DIVX software available and most of them are free. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back