Dvd rom wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

minigamer

I'm trying to reformat my computer but, for some odd reason it wont boot from the DVD ROM. I set up the bios to boot for the rom but, it still boots to the hard drive. The Rom is good I tested it on another machine but, wen put into the original machine it doesn't work.

Tell us the brand and model of your computer, or motherboard, with configuration... and particularly age...
Usually this is caused by a failed optical drive.
Why do you need to reformat it?

I was gonna reformat because I was having issues with the OS but, I got it up and running with out reformat but, now it doesn't detect anything (mouse, keyboard,floppy,DVD ROM).. I'm using a dell l866r and yes I no it's old and probably not worth fixing but, I use it for my 6 and 8 yr old to play learning games and get a custom to a computer. I don't think it's the optical drive. I'm thinking maybe they did something to the registry but, without being able to use a mouse or keyboard I can't tell. Is there anyway I can get it to pick up the mouse and keyboard? Right now I'm at a lost. I've worked on comps for a long time and have never ran into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back