DVD-RW wont burn dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.

probizzle

hello well i have a mad dog megastor 6-in-1 dual layer 8x dvd+r+RW. iv had it about a year now its worked fine till now. its still under warrenty but im just seeing if it might be a problem that i did or something. well my problem is when ever i try to burn a dvd video file in nero or dvd santa or any other program i get a error. i get this when trying to burn a dvd video from nero "Could not perform start of disc-at-once" then it says Burn process failed at 2.4x. ive tryed all diffrent speeds i still get the same error. i thought it might be the file so ive tryed other movies and it does the same thing. i have no problem reading discs or burn normal cd-rs or cd-rws i just cant burn any type of dvd. some one told me its the dvds im using so i looked at maddogs website and bought the ones it said to use and it still doesnt work. i get the error like 10 seconds after i click burn so any help would be appreciated!!!

Can you burn a data disk on DVD? If you are trying ot backup movies then it is the copy protection that is causing the failure. another thing that can cause failures is the Burner operating in PIO mode instead of DMA. you can check what mode the burner is using in device manger under IDE ATA|ATAPI Controllers. look under the advanced tab on the channel the drive is on.

no i cant burn data either and the files im trying to burn arnt copy protected. i checked if my burner is in pio but its not its on dma. so im not sure what els i can do.

It sounds like your DVD laser has failed. DVD burners have two lasers, one for burning DVD and one for burning CDR. that is why you can still burn CDR's. if the drive is still underwarranty contact the maker for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back