DVD Shrink 3.2 Trouble Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble with shrinking a protected movie to burn on a dvd. The error message I'm getting is Failed to read file E / Data error cyclic redundancy check. Before I was burning through Drive C with no problems now it will not complete the analysis process. I need to know how to get back to burning or analysing through drive C. When I try to open file C, it says file can not be opened/found.

"cyclic redundancy check" usually is caused from bad media. HAve you tried a different disc?
Maybe the lens on your reader is dirty, have you tried running a cleaning disc in the dvd burner?

That will happen on some disks even if they are perfect, I always attributed it to a form of copy protection dvdshrink can't deal with. Try and rip it with dvddecrypter first, to a folder, then point dvdshrink to the folder. This of course assumes you own the disk..

Copy protection strategy is updated almost monthly. As a result, neither DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter are able to cope with many current discs. While as SNGX1275 suggests, DVD Decrypter is more potent than DVD Shink, it isn't the answer to issues with many recent discs, and some "failed to read" errors will also be observed when using it.

However, DVD Decrypter also possesses the ability to rip a DVD in ISO mode, which comes in handy from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back