DVDRW gone stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...so at first, I thought my dvdrw had went out...but after trying a new drive, I know that's not the case...When I try to do anything burn related, as soon as I put in a dvd or cd, the drive decides it's just a read only drive...I don't know what happened to cause this, as there are a few other people who use my computer...notably, my mom just recently learned how to copy a dvd...next few days, it won't burn...If I try to copy a file to the drive using the basic windows burning software, I get the message "Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do?" Follwed by the file info...I just finished both a chkdsk /r, and a repair reinstall...I also uninstalled/reinstalled the driver, and updated the firmware...Please help, or at least get me on the right track...I don't want to format, but unless someone helps, looks like I'll have to...Just found out some more interesting details...I can burn a cd, just not a dvd...When a disk is inserted into the drive in question, in my computer, the drive name changes to CD Drive (E:)...I don't know how usefull this info will be...but I can only hope...

Yes...It gets an unknown burn process error...I uninstalled, and I've just reinstalled...Still same thing...It's the only burning software I have, and its the only one that I really like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back