DVI to VGA Adaptor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimoAviso

Hey guys,

im building a system and my vid card has 2 dvi outputs. im using a dvi-vga adapter but the monitor is getting no signal. The mobo doesn't have onboard video so Ive got to run it through the card. its a PNY XLR8 9800 GT 1GB.

I don't have windows loaded on the hd yet (obviously...). The card has power and all that jazz. The monitor is one of the basic dell flat panel lcds. and i dont have any monitors with dvi...

Any ideas, Im hurtin...

Edit:

If it helps

mobo: ECS PA1MVP
Processor: Pentium d 3.4 ghz dual core
P/s: Link

Could you give a monitor model number? Is it one of the old tan dell monitors with a thick base that swivels every direction and a very wide bezel? If so, I have one of those, and there is a dvi port on it. It is hidden inside the casing of the rotating part of the base. You can just pull off the curved piece of plastic. Almost all LCD monitors have a dvi attachment.

Give us the computer brand, model, and configuration. Some of those Dells will not join the DVI religion.

no brand. its home built. it might not be lcd im not too sure. its not tan its all black. and it doesnt have a swivel.

its almost like this one

ive also tried it on my viewsonic... same deal

ok i tried multiple psus, 3 video cards (pcix and pci) unplugging drives and removing the ram. Either its a jumper or a dead mobo unless anyone has any more ideas.

in the event it is the mobo and they wont do anything for me, does anyone have any suggestions for a new one?

According to the motherboard manual, when you only have one graphics card installed, the shunt card should be installed in the second PCI-E slot. Is it?

Also, just checking, is the ATX 12V (4pin) power connector plugged into the motherboard?

yea ive tried both slots both ways with and without shunt card. yea the 4 pin is connected. ive also tried with and without the molex plug above the pcix slots.

It's starting to sound like the motherboard. Do you even get a single beep to indicate it's posting?

the geforce would beep when its in. All the leds on the board light up. tried e-mailg ecs, posting a problem to their tech staff and calling them. no reply from any source (about a week or so in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back