Dx10 issue

The reason that I put this here is because of the crashes I get when running any dx10 game like call of duty, saints row the third, etc.. Every time it crashes I will get a different colored screen but it is all the same color. I seem to just get orange,red,and black mostly. And on some occasions my sound repeats itself over and over. My computer is not overheating for it runs 60c while playing games and it is getting ample power and air so I have no idea as to what is wrong and I cannot find a fix anywhere.

CPU Intel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E octo-core (Liquid cooled)
Motherboard: Gigabyte x79-up4
Ram: Corsair 64gb ddr3
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
Power Supply(dont know brand but its 1k wat)
Monitor: Sceptre e246w
HDD: intel raid 0 2tb
Sound Card: Nvidia HDA and Realtek HDA

Thats all that I could think of but if you want here is a speccy snapshot:

Download the latest driver from here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62791. Chose the "Custom Install" option and check the box that says "Clean Install". That should fix the issue. If it continues, reset any overclocking you have done to the GPU. If that doesnt fix the issue, there is a problem with the GPU hardware.

Just a side note, the Intel Core i7 3820 is not a octo core. Also, why in the world would you need 64GB of RAM???? Lol. No system should use more than 8Gb unless you are running CFDs or using video intensive tools (not gaming).

Download the latest driver from here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62791. Chose the "Custom Install" option and check the box that says "Clean Install". That should fix the issue. If it continues, reset any overclocking you have done to the GPU. If that doesnt fix the issue, there is a problem with the GPU hardware.

Just a side note, the Intel Core i7 3820 is not a octo core. Also, why in the world would you need 64GB of RAM???? Lol. No system should use more than 8Gb unless you are running CFDs or using video intensive tools (not gaming).

Wait it is octo core ...
And I do run a server thats why I use so much ram.

(note I am running the install right now)

Wait it is octo core ...
And I do run a server thats why I use so much ram.

(note I am running the install right now)

All good my friend. I knew there was something more than gaming xD. It is a quad core, but those extra 4 "cores" are virtual. Intel calls them threads. So it is a quad core that appears as a 8 core to the OS. Good luck.

All good my friend. I knew there was something more than gaming xD. It is a quad core, but those extra 4 "cores" are virtual. Intel calls them threads. So it is a quad core that appears as a 8 core to the OS. Good luck.

Oh lol. Guess you were right then.But I did try the game and it crashed my computer so I have to go and buy another brand new $500 gpu -_- jesus I am never ordering from cyberpower again.
Edit: thank you though for the help and the quick reply's

Oh lol. Guess you were right then.But I did try the game and it crashed my computer so I have to go and buy another brand new $500 gpu -_- jesus I am never ordering from cyberpower again.
Edit: thank you though for the help and the quick reply's

Aw so the driver didnt help. Your GPU is going bad then. Dont buy one just yet, talk to the manufacturer about replacement. Who is the manufacturer of your card?

Aw so the driver didnt help. Your GPU is going bad then. Dont buy one just yet, talk to the manufacturer about replacement. Who is the manufacturer of your card?

Well I cant get it replaced because I bought it off of cyberpower and they just held onto the computer until the warranty ran out(btw the reason I sent it back was it was doa). And its EVGA.

Back