Earth may be headed into a mini Ice Age within a decade

Interesting, for the past year scientists have been prediciting potentially deadly mass coronal ejections in 2012 and now this. For what it's worth, the Mississippi River was frozen from shore to shore near Alton, IL January a year ago. Did I miss the mini Ice Age?

Does this mean i can stop recycling and drive around more? I mean, if we speed up 'global warming' we might be able to stop this ice age from ever happening...right? :D

Seriously though, it is funny talking to climate campainers about how were all going to "burn", even though science moves more toward a colder outlook.

Wow, I thought we already where in a mini ice age.

Here in Norway the last two winters has been pretty extreme compared to what it usually is.
but the last was the worst.

At normal, around the south-est point of Norway, at the coast, the winters is hardly any, raining a lot, not much below 0 Celsius, maybe hit -5, snow lies up to 6 days if lucky before it's melting. more commonly icy roads and slushy snow.

But, the last winter, the temperature lied around from minus 5 Celsius down to -15 several months straight. Lots and lots of snow, up to around 2 meters high, ice everywhere. The whole winter lasted maybe 5 months.

Even talked to people who was around 80 years old and they had never seen a winter like that.

Try hanging around a local university, you will find alternating teachers that think the world is going to burn and freeze within the next 100 years.
I think it is some kind of physics phenomenon when an element can be boiling while freezing (true, read it somewhere).
So be watching and listening to your local weather channel for boiling while freezing forecasts ;)

Not sure, but I can use one mini ice-age right now as it is too damn hot here. :rolleyes:

Same but instead of that I need to cool my darned CPU! Ice Age will help! :p

Does this mean i can stop recycling and drive around more? I mean, if we speed up 'global warming' we might be able to stop this ice age from ever happening...right? :D

Trololo lets give it a shot shall we? :p

Same but instead of that I need to cool my darned CPU! Ice Age will help! :p

Or you can simply move to Antarctica .......... or if you like that joint smoker from Alaska, it may not be a bad choice as well. :D

Back