EARTHQUAKE!! That sucked

smore9648

I live in Hawaii.

The way I woke up today was a first for me. A damn earthquake shook me out of bed. We just received power after 15 hours of being in the dark and having nothing to eat.

I am not use to that. I am originally from Wisconsin, so I am not use to this kind of disaster. Just that I would post because I am bored after being without electricity for 15 hours:)

You can find more info and a way to enter your feedback HERE.

At least you`re ok. Far more important than being without power for a while.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
You can find more info and a way to enter your feedback HERE.

At least you`re ok. Far more important than being without power for a while.

Regards Howard :)

Oh yeah. I am definately not complaining. I was in Iraq when I was a soldier, I am use to crap like that, no power or running water, but thats the first time I have ever been hit with an earthquake.

I feel sorry for the people in NY right now. Its cold and no power and they say its going to be like that for another week.

smore9648 said:
Oh yeah. I am definately not complaining. I was in Iraq when I was a soldier, I am use to crap like that, no power or running water, but thats the first time I have ever been hit with an earthquake.

I feel sorry for the people in NY right now. Its cold and no power and they say its going to be like that for another week.

Nothing like weather in the 'ol US :cool: !! Just want to thank you for serving our country, and that the earthquake made news here! I think its one of the top stories. You never fail Channel 7 (WHDH)!!!!

EDIT:
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO31231/ - Hmmm...New York
http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO31227/ - And yes, Hawaii

cfitzarl said:
Nothing like weather in the 'ol US :cool: !! Just want to thank you for serving our country

It was my pleasure. I am not a soldier anymore but I work for the military as a systems analyst.:) Best of both worlds for me!!!

smore9648 said:
It was my pleasure. I am not a soldier anymore but I work for the military as a systems analyst.:) Best of both worlds for me!!!

Nothing like someone who serves his own country. My town of about 15,000 just lost a soldier to the Iraq "Conflict" or whatever it is considered. I really don't know. It doesn't seem like a war, but it seems like war at the same time.

cfitzarl said:
Nothing like someone who serves his own country. My town of about 15,000 just lost a soldier to the Iraq "Conflict" or whatever it is considered. I really don't know. It doesn't seem like a war, but it seems like war at the same time.

Its a war. Its been a war the whole time. My wife and I served over there at the same time.

We are come a town of 5.000. I lost some friends out there when I was there and other people who I got to know over time.

Soldiers are being killed all the time. Its a war, a conflict is something Iraq is not.

smore9648 said:
Its a war. Its been a war the whole time. My wife and I served over there at the same time.

We are come a town of 5.000. I lost some friends out there when I was there and other people who I got to know over time.

Soldiers are being killed all the time. Its a war, a conflict is something Iraq is not.

I'm sorry that you lost your friends. I don't know what's happened in the past five years, since...well, you know. I was still in school then and was dismissed and taken home. I didn't even comprehend the severity at the time it happened. Anyway, back to the earthquake; glad you got out uninjured. Was it really bad, I mean was there a lot of damage done? I'm not that familiar with the rictor (is that how you spell it?) scale, but I know that a 6.9 is pretty bad. I remember there was a 9.- in Asia and thousands died, and many more injured, and also destroyed cities.\

EDIT:
Wait...I most of Hawaii lost power...how are you writing this?

cfitzarl said:
I'm sorry that you lost your friends. I don't know what's happened in the past five years, since...well, you know. I was still in school then and was dismissed and taken home. I didn't even comprehend the severity at the time it happened. Anyway, back to the earthquake; glad you got out uninjured. Was it really bad, I mean was there a lot of damage done? I'm not that familiar with the rictor (is that how you spell it?) scale, but I know that a 6.9 is pretty bad. I remember there was a 9.- in Asia and thousands died, and many more injured, and also destroyed cities.\

EDIT:
Wait...I most of Hawaii lost power...how are you writing this?

Hawaii was with out power for awhile. I was with power for 15 hours on sunday, some only 3-4. It depends on how close you were to the power turbines.

The earthquake woke me up from a dead sleep, this is coming from a guy who didn't wake up to the sound of mortar rounds coming in while in Iraq. So the quake was bad enough for me. The whole house shook, hell the whole earth shook.

Wow! That sure sounds powerful. The only "disaster" I have been through and clearly remember it was a powerful blizzard 2 years back where there was ~5 ft of snow from a drift in my front yard, and in the street as well. There was in general around 3 feet of snow averaged out, but I was in the worst area hit. I walked around my driveway where the snow was foot deep only (huh?).

Back