Electric Imp wants to power the "Internet of Things"

Jos

TS Evangelist
The "Internet of Things" promises to bring a world where, at some point, all electronic devices will be intelligent and connected. Your refrigerator will know what's inside and inform you...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/48634-electric-imp-wants-to-power-the-internet-ofthings.html"]Read the whole story[/newwindow]

G

Someone hacks into this and controls everything and/or collects all information about you. I can check the frige to see if I need more milk and I can turn a light switch off when I leave the room.

G

...and allow power companies, google, and/or the government access and control over even more of your life than they have now.

What a wonderful future. I can't wait!

Cota

TS Enthusiast
Don't make complicated what its easy.

Rule #1 for any kind of engineer, else you are mediocre.

G

Not good at all; they should came up with nicer ideas .. like the refrigerator should go to the market and buy it himself when there is no milk anymore. I really don't want to spend my time going to the market, what's the use of telling me there will be no milk anymore .. if I'm not blind?

G

I met Hugo today at the Maker Faire 2012. I believe his product will help consumers to be much more energy efficient because they will have access to the data necessary to modify their behavior. Yes, cyber security is a huge issue that must be addressed but not a reason to reject an Internet of Things.