Elon Musk flexed Tesla's Cybertruck around Los Angeles over the weekend

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? It’s not uncommon for automakers to test prototypes on public streets although usually, it is done under the guise of camouflage and fake body panels intended to mask the vehicle’s true looks. That’s not the case with Elon Musk and his company’s recently announced Cybertruck.

The outspoken entrepreneur was gallivanting around Malibu over the weekend in one of the company’s Cybertruck prototypes. As TMZ highlights, Musk and his entourage stopped in for dinner at Nobu where they attracted lots of attention from both onlookers and the paparazzi.

Actor Ed Norton even got in on the action, seemingly wanting to check out the Cybertruck up close.

Musk debuted the Cybertruck to the press at the company’s headquarters late last month. The presentation didn’t exactly go over as planned, however, as the vehicle’s hardened windows failed miserably during a live strength test.

Even the weekend outing wasn’t without controversy. As Musk was leaving the restaurant, the Cybertruck took out a portable sign. The only question is – do we blame this on Musk’s poor driving skills or was the vehicle in autopilot mode?

Tesla's Cybertruck is expected to start around $40,000 when production begins sometime in 2021.

Permalink to story.

Still has the illegal headlights I see... still butt-ugly I see...

And apparently Musk isn't aware of his extremes, but that probably isn't news.

Still has the illegal headlights I see... still butt-ugly I see...

And apparently Musk isn't aware of his extremes, but that probably isn't news.
Actually these have been updated. There are now two distinct headlights, connected by a separate lightbar in the center. See 0:30 below:

At least it's something different. In action it looks pretty sleek in that video pluto posted. As for the photos, the current hub caps look like plastic. The front red part looks like a toy faded by the sun. If they replaced it with some kind of plasma globe it would look sick.

My guess is this thing has the worlds largest blind spots

Considering it doesn't seem to rely on mirrors I doubt it.

Last edited:
At least it's something different. In action it looks pretty sleek in that video pluto posted. As for the photos, the current hub caps look like plastic. The front red part looks like a toy faded by the sun. If they replaced it with some kind of plasma globe it would look sick.

Sounds like you’re looking for the plasmatic wheels from Rocket League.

Looks like the car is filled with inflatable sex dolls.
Tragically, poor Elon shot the only "sex doll" capable of sexually arousing him, into space on his "Falcon Heavy" rocket.

elon-musk-driving-roadster.jpg

Ever hear of cameras? And of course it will have those sensors letting you know proximity.
You have to love this generation. They need cameras where in the past, a couple of cheap pieces of reflective glass were quite adequate.

Then too, it's almost impossible to imagine that a couple of side mirrors would, " ruin the lines", of this abomination.

In point of fact, semi trailer operators routinely back up 55' long trailers without incident. It's hard to imagine Musk running into something with all those advanced electronics at his disposal. Unless of course, he was too busy trying to stare at his own reflection in the car's computer screen.

Last edited:
Then too, it's almost impossible to imagine that a couple of side mirrors would, " ruin the lines", of this abomination.

Whaddya mean?? It's beautiful!
It looks like a Victorians vision of the 21st century....or a bad prop for Bladerunner

Considering it doesn't seem to rely on mirrors I doubt it.
The A, B & C pillars constitute as blind spots ;-)

You know, that truck might make global warming and flooding of the land masses actually desirable ... God, I hope it doesn't float .......

Actually these have been updated. There are now two distinct headlights, connected by a separate lightbar in the center. See 0:30 below:
Updated to be more illegal? You can see in the video that the light is just a flood light with no real control. Granted whoever recorded the video has a dirty lens so you are getting a little more glare than usual. I'm guessing these test vehicles don't have to go through any government safety inspections... Tesla actually has good headlamps on their other models so hopefully this truck will get proper, legal ones before entering production.

I just found out that Elon was inspired by the Lotus car/submarine from the James Bond movie The Spy Who Loved Me.

Back