Epic is giving away two more games before 2020 is over

Polycount

Staff
Freebie: Whether you like it or not, the Epic Games Store has always been good for one key thing: padding your game library. Epic has been very generous with its free games, and that trend is set to continue. To end the year on a high note, Epic is handing out a free title today and tomorrow.

To be clear, Epic has been doing this for much of December, so if you haven't been keeping up with the Game Store's giveaways this month, you've probably missed out on quite a bit of free content. But, better late than never.

For the next 18 hours, you can get your hands on a free copy of Torchlight II, an old (but gold) Diablo-like action RPG with co-op elements and plenty of loot to collect. I've played it several times myself -- mostly back when it first launched -- and can confirm that it's pretty fun.

It may not hook you for hundreds of hours, but it'll certainly occupy you for a few days, at least. It has a cartoony art style and system requirements are low, so it's worth a shot if you don't have anything else to do this weekend.

Come tomorrow, Epic will be giving away a different game, we just don't know what it is for now (update: it's Jurassic World Evolution); the company doesn't reveal its freebies until the day they're available. However, we'll update this article when it has been disclosed.

Permalink to story.

Who's got time to play all these games? Amassing a huge game library is great however having the time to actually play them all is physically impossible unless you live to the ripe old age in the hundreds of years and never work.
Can't answer the question but cheap or free games are certainly on someones horizon.
Maybe just short term though as CP2077 gets out in the wild.

Good. Nice game. I already got it though. But good Epic is giving all these good games for free.

Will keep people occupied rather than going after scalper-fixed new hardware. Play the games in the library now and only buy any new hardware only at their original value or when the price comes down.

Who's got time to play all these games? Amassing a huge game library is great however having the time to actually play them all is physically impossible unless you live to the ripe old age in the hundreds of years and never work.

Agreed - I have buddies who hoard hundreds, if not thousands of games they “own” in their libraries.. but don’t play 80%+ of them. Pointless effort for me personally. I’ll stick with a very select group of games I’ll play for a long time and then cycle one out for another.

I work too much to sacrifice dorm-room levels of time to collect & play video games.

Between coupons and free games, I get more out of the Epic game store than Steam.
All I use Steam for is launching games and the odd sale.

Just yesterday I logged into Epic and had a free $14 coupon I then used towards buying Hades. Before that I got GTA5 free and used two coupons to buy Control and WWZ.

Steam needs to step up imo. The competition isn't letting off.

Don't know why people complaining about too much games. For one, these are FREE games. Just add to the library, man. Keep them. They're all yours. You are NOT paying for these, so I don't know why is there a need to complain of don't want to hoard games or no time to play. These arguements are only valid if this article is about sales where people talk about reduced price games where you still need to pay something and collect. Winter sales, summer sales, etc.

Indeed. I am very picky when it comes to games, even free ones, so I only pick what I think I'd be interested enough to play. Still I am suffering from a backlog thanks to almost no time to play.

Between coupons and free games,. Steam needs to step up imo. The competition isn't letting off.

There may be good chance that EPIC will ultimately be aquired or gobbled-up by a Sony or Microsoft.The big dollars and monopolies cannot be resisted. As such EPIC needs to attract all of the memberships it can muster by proffering free games. The more subscribers the higher the buyout price. There are no free lunches in life and I cannot get a free EPIC game (download) without a forced subscription. I am currently forced (even through Steam) by having to be a subscriber to several other gaming platforms to even play and I hate this. Simply all such platforms want your time, subscription, money and personal data. Why can't EA/ORIGIN games be purchased through Steam be 100% Steam controlled and with only one sign-on and no other gaming platforms runing in the background. We know that answer.

There may be good chance that EPIC will ultimately be aquired or gobbled-up by a Sony or Microsoft.The big dollars and monopolies cannot be resisted. As such EPIC needs to attract all of the memberships it can muster by proffering free games. The more subscribers the higher the buyout price. There are no free lunches in life and I cannot get a free EPIC game (download) without a forced subscription. I am currently forced (even through Steam) by having to be a subscriber to several other gaming platforms to even play and I hate this. Simply all such platforms want your time, subscription, money and personal data. Why can't EA/ORIGIN games be purchased through Steam be 100% Steam controlled and with only one sign-on and no other gaming platforms runing in the background. We know that answer.
Thanks for the laugh!

Back