Athlon 64 3500
2 Hitachi 120gb SATAII drives
OCZ Platinum 2x512mb
Creative Audigy2
Sapphire x800 Pro PCI-E
OCZ Powerstream 520W PSU
and that should be enough info..

I have a few problems:
1) I noticed that there was an uninstalled "multimedia audio controller" in device manager, this is the on-board audio. So I tried to get the drivers from the Epox site but they weren't there, so I downloaded the latest Nforce4 drivers from Nvidia and they installed and the unknown "multimedia audio controller" was recognized as the nvidia something or other. It also installed the NIC drivers. after restarting the computer blue screens with "beginning dump of physical memory" anytime I open an application that accesses the internet (Trillian, Firefox, IE, MusicMatch, etc) but I can open windows things fine (control panel, device manager, etc). If I disable the onboard NIC (not from the BIOS, but from within windows) the programs open just fine--but i have no internet access. I don't know what the problem is but when I try to delete the driver for the audio it says "the device may be require to boot". I don't need the on-board audio because I've got my Creative card.

Possible Solution? Disable the onboard audio from the BIOS? Reinstall the NIC drivers from the CD?

2) When I try to run Ntune the system hangs. I'm running quite cool 27C idle 30C load. So I don't know what the issue is there, I put all the settings back to optimized defaults in the bios so everything is back to normal. I would like to try OCing and I think I have the hardware for it, but I've never done it before and don't want to screw anything up. The first problem is the more serious one, this is just a minor issue.

THANKS!!!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back