Error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollowed454

hey all

not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not please move it to appropriate place.

my computer has been shutting down and rebooting itself for a few days now. When it reboots I get this error message and it runs fine for a few hours

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : FDD23834 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000

BCP4 : AA158A80 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I got a program called ErrorSmart the fixed a bunch of errors on my computer yesterday and it's still shutting down on me with the same message. Not sure if it was the right program to get but nonetheless it did find errors. Any other suggestions on what I might do to fix this problem? thanks

Hi hollowed454 and welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Please test your onboard Ram with Memtest (for 7 Passes)

Report back with the findings :)

TechSpot wins over the other guy everytime.

This could be caused by several things. You say you scanned your system and found a "bunch of errors". What program did you use, and what kind of errors were fixed? Are you able to change parts in your computer, or are you going to be able to take it to someone to have it fixed?

Tmagic650 said:
This could be caused by several things. You say you scanned your system and found a "bunch of errors". What program did you use, and what kind of errors were fixed? Are you able to change parts in your computer, or are you going to be able to take it to someone to have it fixed?

I used a program called errorsmart. There was a lot of registry errors in it. I just performed a "free" scan of regcure that fixed some more. Jeez I would have thought one scan with one program would have fixed that. I can change parts on my computer just at the moment it may be a while before I can do anything. My wife up and quit her job so money is tight extremely tight...

kimsland said:
Hi hollowed454 and welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Please test your onboard Ram with Memtest(for 7 Passes)

Report back with the findings :)

TechSpot wins over the other guy everytime.

I downloaded Memtest burnt it to a cd and went through the file to "boot" and when I press it I get "this file is invalid for use as the following : Security Catalog"

Ok hollowed454,
remember run at least 7 passes with Memtest. If you get ANY errors your memory will have to be replaced. If you have 2 sticks of memory installed, you may be able to swap their positions, and get your system running again. If you see no memory errors, we will move on to testing your hard drive. Your power supply would be next

Tmagic650 said:
Ok hollowed454,
remember run at least 7 passes with Memtest. If you get ANY errors your memory will have to be replaced. If you have 2 sticks of memory installed, you may be able to swap their positions, and get your system running again. If you see no memory errors, we will move on to testing your hard drive. Your power supply would be next

exactly what will I be looking for? I ran it once and had like 73% pass at test 9% maybe I should have let it finish but I had no idea what I was looking for so I rebooted it.

Tmagic650 said:
Ok hollowed454,
Pretty sure the errors (if any) will be in red. (Probably should run it myself one of these days)
Either way, it'll let you know

kimsland said:
Pretty sure the errors (if any) will be in red. (Probably should run it myself one of these days)
Either way, it'll let you know

alrighty thanks. I'll return as soon as it is done

Now it is time to test your hard drive for errors. Go to My Computer and right-click on the hard drive icon. Select "check for errors". If a window opens that says "schedule a disc check on reboot" or something like that, say yes and restart

ok hard drive came back free and clear. had to go through and have it check at start up. That took a long while but no problems there.

Still getting restarts? Plug-in cards, power supply... Windows repair? XP is at Service Pack 3 now

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : FF35471C BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : AA006A80 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

as of abotu 15min ago this is the error code I now have

Tmagic650 said:
Still getting restarts? Plug-in cards, power supply... Windows repair? XP is at Service Pack 3 now

well for whatever reason the automatic update and everything was turned off. it didn't say anything about installing service pack 3 though

Tmagic650 said:
Have you kept up with all the Windows updates till now? Have you checked for virus and spyware?

Everything seems to be updated. I know the automatic update couldn't have been down for very long. It's downloading service pack 3 now. The great thing about having different browsers. Lets see it's Sunday so it would have been Friday that I ran AVG for virus's and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back