Expectations for Windows 8

Xclusiveitalian

I feel like i'm still getting used to windows 7 and windows 8 is already almost on it's way here. With a possible 2012 release date it almost seems to soon. So I ask you guys...

What does windows 8 have to have or be in order for you to upgrade again?

windows7_logo.png

My basic expectations are:
  • Faster start-up (slowest of the 3(max, linux) I think windows can do better and should be faster.
  • Faster shut down, anything over 3 seconds is to slow. I watched my gfs mac shut down in 3, Windows should do the same if not better.
  • Overall faster, smoother, especially opening programs. Sometimes i feel windows is trying to hard to work to do something, like open up file, or basic tasks like shutting down.
  • Better friendly user control, such as making it simpler than having to type msconfig in order to change start-up items. Did you know every time itunes updates it makes it start up with the computer, a notification or direct control could make starting up pc faster just by making the user aware.
  • Upgrade from windows 7 should not cost more than $30.

Well I'd like the special effects you can enable in Ubuntu when dragging windows. The wobble, stretch effect. I'm not sure what it's called. lol Faster startup and shutdown would be nice, though I just standby or hibernate.

I definitely agree with you on the price. I hope it's not expensive.

I don't know, I smell something fishy in regards to this "so called" leaked Windows 8 video. I'm finding this whole Windows has gone "open source" hard to swallow! Also why does the term "immune against viruses" sound familiar, oh yeah, that's right, Linux says the same damn thing, wow, original thinking there! Well now, I see that Windows 8 should ship with Microsoft Office 11 already packaged into the Operating System, another "original thought" there, again sounds pretty close to what Ubuntu 10.10 and 11.04 ship with, sounds like someone is trying their best to copy some elses creation, like copying Linux. And oh my gosh, that so called Windows 8 leaked copy, it's "system monitor" program sure resembles another "system monitoring" tool I've recently seen, oh yeah, it looks like my Ubuntu 10.10 system monitoring tool, wow another original thought by Microsoft.

This is total ((B.S.)) all around! I'm sure Microsoft is real eager to rush right into the "open source" world and allow people on the outside to have access to the "behind the scenes" stuff in regards to Windows. I'm sure they are busting a nut to allow others to "contribute" in the always morphing world of Windows. If you believe that, I've got some ocean front property to sell you in the state of Nevada!

I think if it was a rumor they wouldn't have gotten fired. I'm not saying that all the hype is true, but my 3 year old autistic cousin knows that windows 8 is coming eventually.

I do agree with your expectation list.. but for me the most important is I hope it will not eat too much resources again. We already had bad experience with vista (FAIL Windows OS) that eat TOO much resource and we definitely hate it..

Back