Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffader

Okay, I made a post erlier about this, but just noticed that my computer ONLY does this while im in internet Explorer. My monitor just goes black and says it dosn't have a signal but the computer dosn't crash the monitor just goes black and I have to reboot to see anything. I have the latest drivers for my 7900gs(Nvidia) and im not overheating so is it Internet Explore? I dont seem to have any bugs as I can tell from my norton but that dosn't mean I dont! Anyone else have this problem? Should i use Firefox!

Are you referring to being in Windows Explorer or using Internet Explorer." have the latest drivers for my 7900gs"- are you referring to the NVidia card.? you need to check in the Device Manager to see if the new driver is functioning correctly.

Yes I mean internet Explorer, yes its Nvidia, and yes the drivers are fine. It only happens once in a while when I am surfing the net

My apology- I missed the word "Internet'.

Use the Event Viewer to look for Error occurring at same time. Obviously something is causing the intermittent crash. Maybe you can find it this way:

Follow this path:
Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Event Viewer> Click on System & Apps, one at a time on the left> look for Errors on the right> right click error> Properties> note description of error, Event# and Source.

There is a "copy" button below the up/down arrows. Click that, then go to any place that allows you to type (ie. notepad, wordpad, this board) and you can paste (use CTRL-V) the entire event details there. It makes for easy reporting of the event.

If you want to paste the Event here, you do not need to include the lines of code that follow the Description- but paste all else. You will be looking for Error that occurs at the time of the problem. Please ignore Warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back