External Hard Drives Showing As: (J:) Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
External Hard Drives Showing As: (J:) Error
Ive been using my external hard drives for a while now with no problems, this morning I startup my computer and both of them are not working.

They show up as
(J:) Error
(K:) Error

Their both showing as empty
I tried restarting and everything, can someone please help me?
Thanks

Spyware Symptom

Check for spyware. You can find the following 3 anti-spyware utlities in the downloads section:

• Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • SpuerAntispyware
  • Spybot Search & Destroy

A common symptom of spyware is that it disables one or more of your devices. You need to run 3 anti-spyware utilities as there are many different types of spyware.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

This most likely means one or more of your USB drivers are corrupted. Go into Device Manager and uninstall all your USB drivers, then re-install them. Disconnect your external HDDs first. The do the following:

Start -> (right-click) My Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Universal Serial Bus controllers

Right-click on all the USB devices and select uninstall. Then right-click on Universal Serial Bus controllers and select Scan for hardware changes. They should re-install. Then reconnect your external drives.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

Garbage Site...

This Site Sucks and is A Piece of crap...
Un-Subscribe Me .................................................!
Site would not even let Me comment on an article, which is why I joined in the first place..
What a waist of signing up !!!!
If You turds send Me any junk Mail, You will regret it..

You might also try running the DriveCleanup tool to see if it makes any difference (it helps clean problems caused by windows drive conflict errors) if that should be your problem. See [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back