External Harddrive not being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all! I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3, and for some reason, my LaCie external harddrive isn't being detected by my computer. It is, and always has been, connected to my computer via USB. I know that all my USB drivers are up to date.

The peculiar thing is that the HD DID work, but it fell off of a table (not very high up) and was disconnected from my computer. When I reconnected it, it didn't work. It's not a problem with that specific USB port, because I tried to get it to work via other USB ports on my laptop, yet it still did not work. Other things (iphone charger, wireless keyboard, computer fan, ect) all work with the USB ports, so I don't really know what it could be.

If I plug it into my Xbox 360, it detects the HD, which makes it even stranger. I've already went to My Computer -> Manage -> Disk Management, and it does not show up there. Any ideas as to why it is not being detected? Before it fell, I would just be able to plug it in and it'd automatically be detected and show up on "My Computer", as it should, but now it isn't detected at all!

Any ideas?

If any more information is needed, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back