Facebook removes 1.5 million videos of New Zealand shooting

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Social media sites have been battling the spread of the New Zealand terror attack video. Facebook alone removed 1.5 million copies of the clip in the first 24 hours of the shooting, 1.2 million of which were deleted at the upload stage.

Fifty people died and at least 20 more were injured in the shooting last Friday, which took place at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. A gunman livestreamed the incident on Facebook using a head-mounted camera, and while the social network removed the video and the person’s account, the 17-minute clip was still shared online.

Despite stopping 1.2 million copies of the video being uploaded, 300,000 made their way onto Facebook before being taken down. The site also blocked edited versions that removed the graphic footage, something Facebook said it did as a mark of respect to those affected and over "concerns of local authorities."

YouTube and Twitter have also been removing the video, and Reddit banned the notorious r/watchpeopledie subreddit in the wake of the massacres, citing a site policy on “glorifying violence.” Even Valve has been forced into action, with the company removing profiles that were allegedly tributes to the shooter.

The perpetrator mentioned Pewdiepie in the livestream, something the YouTube star said he found “sickening.”

This isn’t the first time extreme acts of violence have been streamed to Facebook. In 2016, the shooting of police officers appeared on Facebook Live, and a Thai man broadcast himself on the platform murdering his 11-month-old daughter a year later.

In the wake of the attacks, New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has said she wants to discuss the subject of livestreaming with Facebook.

Permalink to story.

There are those among us who have been doing everything that we could to keep that video accessible.

It's amazing how they don't mind showing us 911 attacks over and over, yet they absolutely don't want want us to see a White racist terrorist attacking these innocent muslims at prayer.

It's amazing how White Nationalist (racists) are being downplayed and the narrative being changed to shift our focus.

That video was horrific. Not because it was "gory" but because it absolutely showed the indifference to human life based solely on religious-based racism and hate.

Now: I absolutely believe Facebook and Youtube have every right to keep that video off their servers.

But what bothers me is how much action has been taken to keep that video off of private servers outside of Facebook and Youtube.

It pops up in one place. Authorities THREATEN the server owners. They take it down, it pops up elsewhere.

That video is going to be used as a recruiting tool to radicalize more terrorists - but this attempt to make it disappear and giving it very little news attention - with Trump suddenly throwing out distractions to keep us focused elsewhere is despicable.

Despite the allegations of racism and hatespeech, I am absolutely disappointed that I have to turn to a website like EncyclopediaDramatica or Bestgore just so I can see the TRUTH with my own eyes.

I do not trust MSNBC, CNN or FOX.

Last edited:
Wow I saw the whole thing on (bestgore). I think FACEBOOK, LIVELEAK and other's don't want to show it because there's something really wrong that no one talked about..................................................... ( What I'm talking about is pure politics and gun laws) Crazy *uck ran out of video but 17 mins of him shooting everywhere in that street and church and no one didn't stop him because no one has a gun prevent this. 17 mins and still no cops or anything!!!!!!!!!! What is the time frame of him before the cops finally found him? This is why I believe ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. I bet if you are a *ussy and hate guns after watching the video you will finally understand the point of people that want to carry.

I have a feeling my comment will be erased, if it does then the Mod is hurting other's that need to hear or see the truth and need reality to really soak or marinate in their daily lives. One of the worst things in life is trying to sugar coat it but life isn't fairy tale book. Everyone should always study their surroundings be it walking across the street or anywhere in public from sicko's like this guy.

Last edited:
Wow I saw the whole thing on (bestgore). I think FACEBOOK, LIVELEAK and other's don't want to show it because there's something really wrong that no one talked about..................................................... ( What I'm talking about is pure politics and gun laws) Crazy *uck ran out of video but 17 mins of him shooting everywhere in that street and church and no one didn't stop him because no one has a gun prevent this. 17 mins and still no cops or anything!!!!!!!!!! What is the time frame of him before the cops finally found him? This is why I believe ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES. I bet if you are a *ussy and hate guns after watching the video you will finally understand the point of people that want to carry.

I have a feeling my comment will be erased, if it does then the Mod is hurting other's that need to hear or see the truth and need reality to really soak or marinate in their daily lives. One of the worst things in life is trying to sugar coat it but life isn't fairy tale book. Everyone should always study their surroundings be it walking across the street or anywhere in public from sicko's like this guy.

Some people were trying to claim it was a hoax, but it looked real to me.

They don't want us to see it because they don't want us getting outraged over it.

I think most people know now that they need to have a video downloader available when something pops up which they suspect will be taken down soon. I have a folder on my SSD specifically for this - and a folder on my NAS so I can share links at will to the file.

They didnt want us to see the video because they dont want us to know how cucked their police forces are. There were 2 stations within 10 blocks of the incident. This crazed maniac was allowed to rampage for 15 minutes before the first police presence was known.

And yet, new zealand is asking people to turn in their firearms because "the police will protect you". The police are trying to spin the narrative that they were there within a few minutes, while the video definitively proves otherwise. New Zealand is trying to cover up the incident to prevent their public from realizing just how weak the government truly is there (which they are failing spectacularly in) and media companies are trying to hide the narrative to promote their own agendas.

This is why nobody trusts the media. Actions like this. NZ is using this video as an excuse to arrest their own citizens and charge them with crimes leading to jail time, just another step in becoming an authoritarian hellhole. You cant get rid of the video. It was spread everywhere, there are dozens of torrents, millions have the full video. It will continue to be posted for now and ever, and the more NZ tries to take it down the more people will reupload it.

They don't want us to see it because they don't want us getting outraged over it.

I think most people know now that they need to have a video downloader available when something pops up which they suspect will be taken down soon. I have a folder on my SSD specifically for this - and a folder on my NAS so I can share links at will to the file.

Same here I saved the video as well. Facebook just erased 1.1 Million videos that were uploaded on FAKEBOOK.

Also anyone studied the video like me? The crazy sicko actually used his turn signals when driving and actually let people walk past him while he was going to that church. As a driver he was oddly considerate and drove better than a normal CT or NYC driver.

They didnt want us to see the video because they dont want us to know how cucked their police forces are. There were 2 stations within 10 blocks of the incident. This crazed maniac was allowed to rampage for 15 minutes before the first police presence was known.

And yet, new zealand is asking people to turn in their firearms because "the police will protect you". The police are trying to spin the narrative that they were there within a few minutes, while the video definitively proves otherwise. New Zealand is trying to cover up the incident to prevent their public from realizing just how weak the government truly is there (which they are failing spectacularly in) and media companies are trying to hide the narrative to promote their own agendas.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with YOU.

We are dealing with a double-blind situation.

I have no idea what New Zealand News is related to this terrorist attack.
New Zealanders have no idea what we are seeing and hearing here.

The only constant is the video itself.

I showed it to my father - who himself got a CCW because of the fear of a possible attack in his church after Roofe murdered those people in South Carolina. He was shocked that this guy went virtually unchallenged for such a long time. I suspect that if standard beat cops had shown up they'd have been unprepared to deal with a terrorist with an AR-15.

I absolutely don't trust Fox, MSNBC or CNN

I trust Encyclopedia Dramatica, Best Gore and Facebook Live simply because I know the videos and stories are more than likely going to be authentic and unedited/ uncensored.

I can't think of anything that makes MSNBC, CNN or FOX angrier than the fact that WE the people have access to the internet and the same - if not better - technology than they do.

No wonder they are so anxious to eliminate Net Neutrality.

They want to take back control from us.

In this dystopia, the hackers and the people breaking their rules become our only hope.

I can't think of anything that makes MSNBC, CNN or FOX angrier than the fact that WE the people have access to the internet and the same - if not better - technology than they do.

No wonder they are so anxious to eliminate Net Neutrality.

They want to take back control from us.

In this dystopia, the hackers and the people breaking their rules become our only hope.

Well said. Sadly most people can't put two and two together and sadly believe whatever the media says. Just like the commenter here claiming were tin foil people. I use to bash people with tin foil hats but you know what as I got older I started seeing the truth. In CT and California they go far to not have the local news favor gun owners and brainwash us claiming guns are bad.

CT just approved of family owners of SANDY HOOK to sue REMINGTON for the deadly school shooting that kid many kids! Yes this was approved 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!

Just watched the video. The creature who shot the footage should be tortured to death. It's incredible that such monsters still exist in the "civilized" world.

Also anyone studied the video like me? The crazy sicko actually used his turn signals when driving and actually let people walk past him while he was going to that church. As a driver he was oddly considerate and drove better than a normal CT or NYC driver.
Using the turn signals, even in that stressful a situation, wouldn't surprise me if that habit was already ingrained in him. Using them would be sub-conscious at that point, even under stress. I've had to race around traffic in emergency situations I'm not used to doing...and strangely, used my turn signals while cutting off cars, making illegal turns, etc.

I don't see it as rational to be in a frenzy to pull down the video, like all these platforms and sites are doing. Let the people see it, be horrified, and realize they have to be responsible for their own self-defense...especially in a several-minutes long shooting massacre where not one cop was seen arriving to help.

Or maybe that's the point. "They" don't want us to realize that being armed and able to defend yourself is a good thing.

And these same forces are wrongly diverting attention to blaming Trump.

Why the hell wouldn't they remove the video? Who wants to see people getting slaughtered? I would remove it as well if it was on my site. I haven't watched it and I don't have to to know what's going on.

Why the hell wouldn't they remove the video? Who wants to see people getting slaughtered? I would remove it as well if it was on my site. I haven't watched it and I don't have to to know what's going on.

You serious? You want reality hidden? How far will these websites and social media go? You do know there is much worse video's and most video's are like 90% gory but law enforcement and others use it as a tool and because of what I see I'm a WAY BETTER DRIVER and way better studying my surroundings. Reality/ freedom shouldn't be ignored! You can't stand it don't watch it.

While you're at it also ban violent movies and games................ You get my drift?

You serious? You want reality hidden? How far will these websites and social media go? You do know there is much worse video's and most video's are like 90% gory but law enforcement and others use it as a tool and because of what I see I'm a WAY BETTER DRIVER and way better studying my surroundings. Reality/ freedom shouldn't be ignored! You can't stand it don't watch it.

While you're at it also ban violent movies and games................ You get my drift?
Bingo. Tired of the weak-minded sheep wanting everything banned because they're scared, triggered, offended, can't handle it, aren't adult enough to accept reality, or any other reason they whine about as they crawl into their safe space pillow forts.

Want to see some real cancer from this pathetic mindset, check out the comments from Youtube's Twitter page where they promise to eradicate that video:
https://twitter.com/YouTube/status/1106431532976074753

Using the turn signals, even in that stressful a situation, wouldn't surprise me if that habit was already ingrained in him. Using them would be sub-conscious at that point, even under stress. I've had to race around traffic in emergency situations I'm not used to doing...and strangely, used my turn signals while cutting off cars, making illegal turns, etc.

I drove on a drag strip and people were shocked I always used my signals despite no one being behind me. It’s absolutely muscle memory at that point. He wouldn’t have wanted to be suspected of breaking traffic laws on his way to murder.

I drove on a drag strip and people were shocked I always used my signals despite no one being behind me. It’s absolutely muscle memory at that point. He wouldn’t have wanted to be suspected of breaking traffic laws on his way to murder.

"He wouldn’t have wanted to be suspected of breaking traffic laws on his way to murder."

LOL. Yes, such a conscientious young man and thoughtful driver.

Why would a hoax look obviously fake? The purpose of a hoax is to trick and manipulate people, therefore it must be made believable.
Your assertion makesno sense.

Just watched the video. The creature who shot the footage should be tortured to death. It's incredible that such monsters still exist in the "civilized" world.

So you put "civilised" in quotation mark and also say its incredible these kind of people exist. If this world isnt civilized, by implication there is also monster-people in it, obviously.

It's just hilarious that you folks demand ultra-realistic graphics and high-end GPUs and CPUs but can't even tell when a low-budget amateur fake video isn't real.

Yeah, you guys all bought RTX cards too. We get it.

Back