Fall TV premieres

Ranger12

So it's that time of the year again when the TV stations are premiering all sorts of new shows. I'll admit I haven't kept up with what's new like I did last year. Honestly I'm bummed to see Terra Nova not making it to a second season but I digress. This is about new shows. So what premieres are you looking forward to? and maybe even tell us why!

I don't have TV anymore. Well I get 1 station OTA (CBS) occationally, if the stars are aligned and the weather is right... So I'm totally out of the loop.

The new TV line up's don't mean that much to me anymore, much like what SNGX said, I decided two weeks back to cancel my TV subscription with Comcast, even canceled my Comcast home phone service! I have substituted Comcast for the free over the air waves services, that a limited amount of my local TV providers offer. So it's a nice RCA indoor flat paneled plate, which supports 1080i for me.

Heck, I personally feel that eventually the Internet is going to be the coffin nail for cable TV! Since giving up my TV subscription, I've gotten rather creative at finding programming on the Internet. Since my laptop is connected to my 44 inch Samsung TV via HDMI I have the ability to turn my television into a primitive version of Web TV. A couple nights back I was able to watch a nice documentary on History Channel.com! There wasn't any real noticeable difference between cable TV and watching something live streamed. Plus the Internet offers the user the option of watching exactly what they want, when they want it and how they want to have it. Yeah, we've got D.V.R.'s and such, but with the Internet there's no concern about programming a D.V.R. to record things at a certain time. With the Internet, you just point, click and watch, when you want it !

So for local stuff I've got that RCA flat panel dish, and for what used to be "premium channels" to me, I now have the Internet!

Heck, I personally feel that eventually the Internet is going to be the coffin nail for cable TV!
I personally believe, all communications and broadcast will be available through one type of data connection within the home.

I'm hoping "Vegas" will be worth following. Nothing else in the fall line up has caught my attention thus far.

Yep, Zen, I don't miss it much. I sort of miss the local evening news but more often than not my OTA picks it up actually. (I'm literally on the edge of every broadcast I could recieve).

With stuff like justin.tv, you can kind of watch anything that the world deems important. Also if you are into a specific topic, say.. sports, you can hang out in those areas of the internet and find video feeds of the stuff you want to watch. Sure it may not exactly be legal.. but you can find stuff, literally unintentionally just by hanging out where you have gravitated to online.

Cable tv is screwed overall, dish/directtv included. Well, either they die, our all this minor programming dies. Those tiny channels very few watch get funded by the money everyone pays. With an ala carte system, so few would pay for something like 'wildlife tv' that it will die. Sucks for those that watch it, but.. well that happens. People make youtube channels for free, so maybe it can exist there... Information has a way of getting out. Asking for money for information has a way of... getting exploited.

Revolution looks promising. Lets just hope its not another "Terra Nova"

Also I know its not a premiere but I cant wait for Walking Dead :)

I watched BBCs? Blackout a few weeks ago. It seemed good.. but then they gave it the 3 episode treatment like Sherlock. Sherlock episodes were pretty long and well done, Blackout ones were shorter and didn't have that polish to them... I don't think it worked out as well.

Sherlock was really good. I loved it.

I have not heard of Blackout, have to check it out. Is it something like Flashforward? Which was an awesome show by the way, but those bastards cancelled it.

It seems to me like all the smart shows are getting canned and all we will have left soon are the reality TV shows and talent shows. *pukes*

Blackout is about a politician that does something bad, but hides it for the better good? I think that is a big summary with no spoilers. Just wish it was more than 3 eps

I've had a hard time keeping an interest in series the has it "Premier" one night, then the "Finale" 3 weeks later! And in between these short series, there's not much worth watching!

Cancelling cable gets higher on my list with every Finale! I saw Finale of 4 episode program last night, with notice it will return in November!!

And when ads for DirectTV and the other satellite provider advertise 200 channels, what on earth is there to watch on those 200 channels!

H2HD has been my mainstay- I know more about 'how the earth was made',UFO and Aliens, Monster trucks than I do about real people!

Sherlock was really good. I loved it.

I have not heard of Blackout, have to check it out. Is it something like Flashforward? Which was an awesome show by the way, but those bastards cancelled it.I like some of the talent shows

It seems to me like all the smart shows are getting canned and all we will have left soon are the reality TV shows and talent shows. *pukes*

I agree. There are too many reality shows.. I do like some of the talent shows, the ones with singing.
I could care less about Crap like "Dancing with the Stars, a

Back