Fallout Beer is real, here's how to pre-order a case

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The premium beverage industry has exploded in popularity over the last decade or so, spawning a number of niche drinks marketed specifically for gamers.

Big names like Bawls and Mountain Dew Game Fuel immediately come to mind although there are literally dozens – and maybe even hundreds – of obscure drinks for gamers. I mean, who knew that Nintendo and even Turtle Beach sold beverages for gamers?

Regardless of brand, the one thing that virtually all of them have in common is the fact that they’re energy drinks. That designation typically meaning they provide extra doses of caffeine, sugar and / or other ingredients like guarana to help boost alertness, keep you awake for longer or “send you into the stratosphere” as Bawls proudly proclaims.

In other words, they’re “uppers.”

Bethesda Softworks will soon be releasing a premium drink of its own that’s marketed towards gamers – specifically, fans of the post-apocalyptic Fallout franchise. What makes its upcoming drink unique, however, is the fact that it’s not an energy drink – it’s an alcohol-laden adult beverage.

The aptly-named Fallout Beer is the result of a partnership with Carlsberg, a brewery in the UK. Inspired by fictional Vault-Tech Industries, Fallout Beer is brewed using a unique blend of malted barleys combined with selected hops. The result, according to its Amazon product page, is a light colored pilsner lager with a refreshingly zesty hoppy taste and a floral aroma.

Bruce Ray, corporate affairs director at Carlsberg UK, said this is something of a world-first. Adult participation in video gaming is truly a social activity, adding that it’s on par with cinema and music and that they’re proud to worth with Bethesda on the product.

If you missed out on pre-ordering the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition (we hear it’s back up for pre-order over on Bethesda’s store), this could be your shot at redemption… either that, or an opportunity to drown your sorrows.

All jokes aside, Fallout Beer seems like a pretty slick collectible. Do note, however, that it’s being sold exclusively in the UK as a beer marketed to gamers probably wouldn’t fly in the US. Maybe we can keep our fingers crossed for Nuka-Cola?

Gamers 18 and older (the legal drinking age in the UK) can pre-order a case of 12 bottles for £29.99 (which includes free delivery) ahead of its November 5 release date. That works out to roughly $45, nearly as much as the game itself.

Fallout 4, meanwhile, is set to drop five days later on November 10 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and the PC. Do you plan on picking up the game and / or a case of cold ones to go with it? Let us know in the comments section below!

Lead image courtesy Bit-tech

Permalink to story.

"All jokes aside, Fallout Beer seems like a pretty slick collectible. Do note, however, that it’s being sold exclusively in the UK as a beer marketed to gamers probably wouldn’t fly in the US."

The remarkable inconsistency of American morality has always been fascinating:

In your early teens, you can consent to sex so long as the partner is within a certain age range.

When you turn eighteen, you can vote and purchase firearms.

When you turn sixteen, you can qualify for a driver's license.

When you turn seventeen, you can enlist in the military (with parental consent).

You can't legally purchase or consume alcohol until you're twenty-one, and anyone who facilitates such can go to jail.

Every single one of these decisions has more impact than alcohol. Yet, it's the booze that holds the status of forbidden fruit.

"All jokes aside, Fallout Beer seems like a pretty slick collectible. Do note, however, that it’s being sold exclusively in the UK as a beer marketed to gamers probably wouldn’t fly in the US."

In your early teens, you can consent to sex so long as the partner is within a certain age range.

When you turn seventeen, you can enlist in the military (with parental consent).

You can't legally purchase or consume alcohol until you're twenty-one, and anyone who facilitates such can go to jail.

Every single one of these decisions has more impact than alcohol. Yet, it's the booze that holds the status of forbidden fruit.

So you would rather people be able to get drunk first THEN vote, shoot a gun or anything else you mention? You can't honestly be this stupid. Alcohol has led to more bad decisions and life-ruining consequences than anything else - probably EVERYTHING else - on your asinine list. Stop trying to sound "enlightened" until you have something intelligent to say.

Stop trying to sound "enlightened" until you have something intelligent to say.
How about this. Some people start because the are told they can't at a young age, therefor giving them something to look forward to once they become of age. Age limits are as bad an influence if not more than peer pressure.

30 quid for a dozen beers?!! What were they drinking when they dreamt up this price? I'd just like to drink a beer, not buy the brewery.

Alcohol kills 5 times more people every year than guns and leads to well over one million injuries each year. It's also a lot more tightly regulated than guns. Yes, guns are safer than alcohol.

Alcohol is a stupid drug anyway. Once you start drinking you only have about 4-6 hours before you need to go to sleep, and those are some pretty lame hours at that. If I say my kids can't drink then some ******* goes and gets it for them then, yes, they deserve to go to jail.

Alcohol kills 5 times more people every year than guns and leads to well over one million injuries each year. It's also a lot more tightly regulated than guns. Yes, guns are safer than alcohol.

I am aware of the statistics. The more important fact is that Americans drink less than Europeans, have a higher minimum drinking age than most Euro countries, but experience more alcohol-related deaths. Quite simply, the 21 limit is demonstrably ineffective and irrational.

Alcohol is a stupid drug anyway. Once you start drinking you only have about 4-6 hours before you need to go to sleep, and those are some pretty lame hours at that. If I say my kids can't drink then some ******* goes and gets it for them then, yes, they deserve to go to jail.

What tosh are you on about where you need to goto sleep within 4-6hrs of drinking. What you mean is YOU need to not everyone. If I go for a night out on a serious bender it could start as early as 11am and we aren't ending the night until 5 or 6 am the following morning. Sure some maybe paraletic or have nodded off but many goto bed just cause things have twinkled down not because we are all sleepy. Then If I am serious hardcore I'm up at 12 again for "hair of the dog".

What tosh are you on about where you need to goto sleep within 4-6hrs of drinking. What you mean is YOU need to not everyone. If I go for a night out on a serious bender it could start as early as 11am and we aren't ending the night until 5 or 6 am the following morning. Sure some maybe paraletic or have nodded off but many goto bed just cause things have twinkled down not because we are all sleepy. Then If I am serious hardcore I'm up at 12 again for "hair of the dog".
I remember the days you so succinctly explain of mine many moons ago, I'm sure glad they're behind me now, they were fun though.

I'm happy being an alcoholic is working out for you

I'm happy being an alcoholic is working out for you

Consuming alcohol (even if excessively on occasion) does not an alcoholic make.

Disclaimer: I say this after having consumed an Angry Orchard.

Consuming alcohol (even if excessively on occasion) does not an alcoholic make.

Disclaimer: I say this after having consumed an Angry Orchard.
true, but drinking for 12 hours and then getting up and doing it again the next day does make you an alcoholic

Working all week not doing your best because you are concentrating on the drinks you will have the following weekend makes you an alcoholic. I find it hard to believe someone that can drink 12 hours a day is not like this.

The reason this is so is because they believe your brain is still developing between 18-21 and alcohol will have a negative impact during this sensitive time. Just stating the argument, not supporting one side or the other, I'm not a doc what do I know.

The reason this is so is because they believe your brain is still developing between 18-21 and alcohol will have a negative impact during this sensitive time. Just stating the argument, not supporting one side or the other, I'm not a doc what do I know.

IIRC it's 21 for females and 25 for males. That justification is still at odds with each of the other items on the list, as they convey adult responsibilities to people with demonstrably underdeveloped brains.

Point is, we're all over the map with this stuff...which is why America will never have Fallout beer.

Yeah ... I bought a case of "Billy Beer" back when it was popular. There it sits, in the corner, collecting a 22nd layer of dust. While it has lasted longer than Billy did, I think it's popularity is every bit as dead as he is!

And here's to hoping it comes to Canada where the laws are much less strict and in Quebec specifically you can drink wine from the age of 12, at least that's when I had my first glass of wine with my parents consent. I never developed a drinking problem, went through the typical teenage phase of drinking when-ever the opportunity arose, but that only lasted one summer and I was already bored of it. Unfortunately alcohol affects people differently and it's due to so many variables, 21 is a little old for a drinking age in my opinion, but that's because of my personal background and experiences. I feel Europe can afford a lower drinking due to the transportation infrastructure that facilitates moving around with alcohol in your system, North America is very spread out resulting in a lot of cars being used to get around resulting in MANY DUI related accidents. However I don't believe age to be a deciding factor there either.

Anyways, it would be nice for this to be available outside the UK, not likely however, although this is going to essentially be Carlsburg with a slight twist...

IIRC it's 21 for females and 25 for males. That justification is still at odds with each of the other items on the list, as they convey adult responsibilities to people with demonstrably underdeveloped brains.

Point is, we're all over the map with this stuff...which is why America will never have Fallout beer.
Strangely enough iv heard women are maturing a few years earlier then they did 50 years ago. Due to hormones\steroids in milk and beef. While males mature at the same rate. I doubt thats why though lol.

Strangely enough iv heard women are maturing a few years earlier then they did 50 years ago. Due to hormones\steroids in milk and beef. While males mature at the same rate. I doubt thats why though lol.

It's a fairly interesting topic, as the current thinking on that has shifted from food to epigenetics, but it's too far OT for the thread. I can't figure out how to plausibly connect gene switching to booze that should have shipped with the game.

Lol I can handle my ale and dont fall asleep after 4 hours ... obviously I'm an alcoholic.

To get things straight, I don't drink everyday, I have a 24/7 job which prohibits when I do get to "let my hair down", I don't fall asleep within 4 hrs of having a beer, and oh im not a ***** yank!

Back