Bethesda to release 7-game Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology with mini-nuke case ahead...

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Do terms such as Deathclaw, Stims, Pip-Boy, and The Brotherhood of Steel get your heart racing? If so, you might be interested to know that Bethesda has announced a new anthology pack that not only includes the entire main Fallout franchise but also comes in an awesome mini-nuke case that plays sounds.

Bethesda is capitalizing on the upcoming release of the Fallout TV show by launching the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology, a box set made up of seven Fallout games. It arrives on April 11, the day before the series starts on Amazon Prime Video.

This collection includes the older isometric Fallout games and the 3D entries: Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, the Ultimate or Game of the Year Editions of Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout: New Vegas, and Fallout 76.

The codes for the PC games are printed on seven S.P.E.C.I.A.L. collectible cards inspired by Fallout 76's in-game perk cards. These feature Vault Boy representing the games' key attributes: Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck. The codes can be redeemed on Steam – no physical discs are included, though few people still have optical drives in their PCs, anyway.

What's especially cool is that the cards are stored in a replica mini-nuke case that features its own audible bomb explosion sound. Bethesda has actually used the same casing design before, in a five-game anthology set released in 2015.

Bethesda advises fans wishing to pre-order the Fallout S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Anthology to check with their local retailers. The Bethesda Gear website lists the set for $60, limited to one per customer.

Amazon published the first trailer for the Fallout TV series in December. One of its stars is Walton Goggins, known for his roles in shows such as The Shield, Justified, The Righteous Gemstones, and Sons of Anarchy. He plays a cowboy ghoul aptly named "The Ghoul." His official character description reveals that he is pragmatic, ruthless, and hides a mysterious past.

April will be a busy month for Fallout lovers. In addition to the show and anthology set, Fallout: London, a fan-made total conversion of Fallout 4 that's been in the works for years, is released.

Permalink to story.

The mini nuke is neat, but only SPECIAL cards? Kinda meh. Yeah I know "but who uses physical media?" is popular, but a collector would likely value having a permanent physical copy of a finished product. Or maybe instead of cards they could be model holotapes with a hidden USB drive inside?

That being said I wont be buying. I already own 1,2, tactics, 3, and NV. No interest in 4 or 76.

Guess now we know why Fallout 1/2 and Tactics were listed as upcoming free games at Epic and then pulled and replaced with different games

Fallout Tactics Reboot would be cool... I like turn-based tactics games. But merchandise seems cheaper to produce.

The high definition 'remaster' is likely going to drop before the show's release too. Looking forward to breaking compatibility with 8 years of mods.

They have done this before also. I know as I have the Fallout one that was made years ago. Came with some of the older games.
They weren't the easiest to find at the time.

They have done this before also. I know as I have the Fallout one that was made years ago. Came with some of the older games.
They weren't the easiest to find at the time.
Fallout 76 had a expensive deluxe edition . Reviewers got a classic canvas bag , buyers got crap

Back