FAO CPC2004 / other Minidump gurus - Multiple 0x100000d1 Error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate, TechSpot noob at your service, read on a couple of threads that you're Mr. Minidump around here :wave:

I don't get any error messages after restart, but got the info below (replicated for each crash) from Event Viewer. If I'm right in saying that the 2nd address ending 0x0_02 gives the IRQ of the device in question, I've checked using Everest and don't seem to have any hardware at that IRQ?

Save Dump said:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000400, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf76b2a96). A dump was saved in: D:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini112805-04.dmp.

Also finding system errors in Event Log with the same info:

system error said:
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000400, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 f76b2a96.

I've attached all the minidump files from the last couple of months, but it is Minidump.zip that contains the most recent crashes.

Hope you can help :grinthumb

Is this in the right forum section? Should it be in the Windows OS section?

Anyway, looking in Event Viewer, each time there's a Save Dump after a crash there are two references to Redbook, after the Save Dump entry but before it in time:

redbook
Event ID: 10
This drive has not been shown to support digital audio playback.
0000: ff 00 04 00 01 00 5c 00 ÿ.....\.
0008: 00 00 00 00 0a 00 ff 4f ......ÿO
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 01 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ....ÿÿÿÿ
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 01 00 00 00 ....

Not sure if this is linked at all?

(I still don't get a 'Send'/'Don't Send' message after restart, then every now and then I get 7 at once or similar, all the same, as if it's been saving them up!)

Also, looking at the application section of Event Viewer, I get this error event each time it crashes:

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

Now as there's no such folder as d:\qxp_slp, I'm presuming it's the page file.

(Also crashes seem to be linked to Azureus bittorrent client useage? So quite possibly a software error, but worries me that it's something to do with how it's accessing the HDD, or a network card / driver problem? Maybe hardware is faulty? Sorry if it turns out to be software after all :blush: )

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your recent minidumps are crashing at FA312nd5.sys. This is your NETGEAR FA312 Fast Ethernet NDIS 5.0 Miniport Driver.

Look for updated drivers, or try using a different ethernet adapter.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks a million mate! Will replace the card (cheap as chips). Will be interesting to see if it still happens afterwards - might be a bug in Azureus?

How d'you find from the minidumps which driver is at fault? D'you just open them in notepad? Or something else that can make sense of what looks like reams of random characters to me? Or is that code?

Blue Screen Error Question

Hi, I can't even figure out how to post a new message in this website (hah).

My nephew's computer went to a blue screen today, and we can't even turn off the laptop. It is stuck on this page and we can't figure out how to even turn off the PC or reboot it. The error message says
"KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A lot of other stuff and then,
***STOP: 0X00000077 (0xc000000E, 0xc000000E, 0x00000000,0x006A7000)
Beginning dump of physical memory"

Its been stuck like this for hours. I tried turning it off and hoping the battery would run out but it just got hot, so I plugged it back in so the fan would keep it cool. Control-Alt-Delete won't work. We can't turn it off either.

Does anyone have an answer out there? This is a new Inspiron laptop with Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed supposedly. This was the first time we had used the laptop. We had just signed him up for AOL (it was already installed, we just signed him up for 6 free months) and then the blue screen came up. Thank you.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

Because this is a new computer, and will still be under warranty. I suggest you take it back, and have is sorted out under the terms of the warranty.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back