Far Cry 3 Review: An open-world shooter through and through

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/612-far-cry-3/]https://www.techspot.com/review/612-far-cry-3/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Wow, the graphics in this are sweet! Don't conclude who won though based on one site, I'm sure the numbers will be all over the place.

Excellent review. I was, and am not, overly excited for this game on release, but I know I will enjoy it later when I eventually buy it (along with 2560x1600 screen and mass GPUs).

From the sound of the article, this game seems like a mix between Far Cry 2 mechanics, and the location and visual splendor of Just Cause 2. JC2 remains one of my top 5 favourite games and I could see myself imagining it when the author was talking about FC3.

There's no doubt that it's the best Far Cry of the franchise, though it could've been in the hands of Crytek in the first place.

I just hope it is better than Far Cry 2 which left me totally disappointed.

Review is pretty much on the money I certainly was pleasantly surprised at how fun the game is & just how dangerous wildlife can be only thing missing is pirahna's ,man eating plants,really big spiders & rabid bats unless I haven't got that far yet..lol..since I'm in the minority of those who do like farcry 2, farcry 3 is what FC2 should've been you will NOT be disappointed if you are disappointed with F3 I'll reimburse you... :p

Had it installed last night & frankly speaking I don't see what's the big fuss is all about. It sucked my system using a GTX 680 SOC with a quad core 3820 "X-79". Yet I look at the GFX & I don't see anything special at all.
I mean you look at the characters & the characters in blackops 2 which are much more detailed in black Ops 2.
tbh I only played the game for 15 minutes then gave up on it cause I went on to continue Black Ops 2 but, will return to see the city guy learning how to skin animals & make a pouch for his guns.
I think that Far Cry 2 was better but it remains to be seen
I hope there is more as the game progresses

Playing for 15 minutes and so much judgement? That's cool, but you don't have a substantial thing to base it on.

Go for at least an hour then make up your mind.

This game is great! My favorite missions are the "Path of the Hunter" when You have to kill bear with a pocket knife and kill rhinoceros with darts. My favorite sidequest is when You have to spy on the cheating husband! (and take garbage out for extra XP?).
And, of course, my favorite pastimes are drugs, gambling, tattooing myself and killing ALOT of people, so this game is the right one for me.
I feel like true American!

Back