Fiddling in BIOS - System Toasted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickM

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
I have an old Asus A7V133 mobo with a CPU running around 900Mhz.
I have heard about overclocking and have been interested in it for some time.
I have heard that overclocking can be set in the BIOS as well as with jumpers and DIP switches.
I did not fiddle around with any jumpers or DIP swithches.
Like an ***** I went into the BIOS and maxed out everything.
Save and exited.
On boot-up nothing ... just a black screen... "No Post".
The message on the monitor was "No Signal going to power save"
That's all she wrote folks.... I can not get a post.
I popped out the CMOS Battery and let it sit with no power for over a half an hour in hopes that it would clear... same thing.... No Post.... Black Screen,,, puke:
Could one of you "PRO's" tell me if I toasted the mobo, memory or CPU ?
Any information will be appreciated.
Thank you.
RickM

Like an ***** I went into the BIOS and maxed out everything.

LOL Dude! What were you thinking? You must want a new system awful bad. OK go to page 59 in your users manual and find the CLRTC point location on your mobo. If you don't have the manual download it from Asustek.com. Right next to the CMOS battery. Short those 2 points for about 30-60 seconds. Reboot and see if you can get into the BIOS now. If you can then press F5 It will say something like Load Setup Defaults? y/n say y. Then hit F10 to save and exit. Hopefully now the system will boot up again. If it does go to this site and do some reading.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles740/

Pay close attention when they talk about multipliers and FSB. your mobo users guide tells you how to set up the board for overclocking with the jumpers or jumper free mode. Good luck, hope it's not fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back