file disappear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have a problem with my hard drive. When i booted up today i went to open my D drive to listen to music and there was noting in it. But when i check how much gb i use it says 50gb but there noting in it. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME
Thank You

Memory stick problems

Hello everybody. I seem to have lost my data on my 512mb USB memory stick which looks empty. When I go to Properties, it shows that it is 50% full, yet I cannot access or open the files??? Please help!!!

Tees

Try it in a different PC, remember those use a different FAT system most of these problems stem from that. You read the stickies post here in Techspot about how to correct these problems.

xfx said:
Hi i have a problem with my hard drive. When i booted up today i went to open my D drive to listen to music and there was noting in it. But when i check how much gb i use it says 50gb but there noting in it. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME
Thank You

Reboot the system and Press F8 then select SAFE MODE. When you go into that mode look at MY Computer and the HDD that you're having problems with. See if you see your media if not, You need to run Chkdsk /F to see if you have errors on that drive. Hopefully the drive is okay and your files are still there.

What did you do with your system prior?

thanks for the reply i remember last night. that my system went on Chkdsk by it self when i started it up and then after i went to check my D there was noting in it after just showing how much space i used up but noting in it. Do you know how to fix it? Please and Thank You

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Try searching the drive for a file you know should be on there. Remeber to check hidden files before searching.

Either that, or enable hidden file view and have a look on your drive.

Through Disk Management, can you see anything out of the ordinary? Screen-shot it and post it if you like. Perhaps it has been partitioned but not yet initialized.

Sounds a little strange though that a search didn't turn up anything.

no it said all hd are healthy. I had my hd for about a yr and not happen till couple weeks ago. the wried part is when you defragment the drive it shows the files moving and stuff but when i click my D file it show noting in it and 50gb been use but there noting in it my C & E are all good but i dunno what wrong with my D. i have tried to search the whole computer hundreds of times but there noting.

sorry to tell you, but the partition has been reformated or redefined --
all data is gone.

someone was playing with the system OR you have an extremely nasty virus --
not very many are this aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back